Best used autosleeper to buy...reliability! (1 Viewer)

bennyyorkie

Free Member
Nov 10, 2018
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Hi,
On my quest to find more automatics, I've found online that quite a number of autosleepers can be got second hand in automatic. Any recommendations on the best used models out there?...any year, reliability is the big thing!! I wonder what are the legendary ones? Budget up to 20000, but happy to spend less...hehe Many thanks

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
Auto sleepers tend to hold their value so £20,000 won’t go far, I’m afraid.

If you are on FaceBook, there is an AS owners group with some vans for sale.

I have a Nuevo and love it

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Jun 29, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
caravan (for now)
Exp
on and off since 1984
We have a duetto Ice Pvc auto. A bit on the small side but we love it. Had it 6 years now, the odd repair but it's been a good van so far.

Upvote 0

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
There is an Autosleepers owners club, it might be worth joining and introducing yourself.
I think in your budget you would do best looking at the monocoque body models. They are leak free and usually well looked after and seem to hold their value better than the bigger coach built models. Look for something like the Clubman for a small model or the Anethyst or Executive for a larger one.
They are really nice vans.

Upvote 0
Aug 2, 2017
South Kent Coast.
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2004
Hi and welcome. If looking for a second-hand panel van conversion Auto Sleepers do make a nice van.

Visit the link below (The Wildering Camper) sometimes they upload on here but the full series can be found on YouTube.

Reliability wise - they have travelled thousands of miles in their old Transit Auto Sleepers van conversion so expect the newer models will follow suit.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
Don’t forget that it’s the base vehicle that is an automatic and nothing to do with Autosleepers as such.
Bought a new Autosleeper Inca in 2006 but only kept it for 8 months as I did not rate it as quality at all.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
bennyyorkie

bennyyorkie

Free Member
Nov 10, 2018
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Many thanks for the replies. I should really have given a few examples of what I'm thinking of. Heres an example of the body type that would suit. Its just for me and my yorkie, so a small van body like this would be great, but I'm jsut a beginner so dont know anythign about which bodies of engines are reliable.
Broken Link Removed

I know the toyota hiace are pretty indestructible.
As for autosleepers...I know very little about them, but considering they hold their value well, this must be a very good sign?

Upvote 0
Aug 2, 2017
South Kent Coast.
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2004
You won't find many Toyota HiAce owners on here possibly due to the lack of a fitted toilet / shower in most. Your Auto-sleeper link above looks about right for the price.

Upvote 0
Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
Many thanks for the replies. I should really have given a few examples of what I'm thinking of. Heres an example of the body type that would suit. Its just for me and my yorkie, so a small van body like this would be great, but I'm jsut a beginner so dont know anythign about which bodies of engines are reliable.
Broken Link Removed

I know the toyota hiace are pretty indestructible.
As for autosleepers...I know very little about them, but considering they hold their value well, this must be a very good sign?
check any old transit for rust under neath they rot badly steps rear springhangers and main chassis rails just about anywhere

Upvote 0

mfw

Banned
Sep 16, 2017
Worthing
Funster No
VW T4 base vehicle with 1.9 engine rather than 2.4 would be a good start not sure what there auto's are like but they do last well - and spares are widely available

Upvote 0
Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
I think at the age you will be looking at there will be a big variation in reliability for any make as they will all be the age a car would be getting towards being considered a classic. I would look at all makes and try to pick one by the condition and ownership/service history there won,t be a make much more reliable than another but there could be some cared for ones in good condition amongst the others.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back