Free Member
Dec 12, 2008
Crystal Palace, London
Funster No
MH
29ft RV
Exp
18 months n counting
Of course it is very user specific, but does anyone have any advice on the best TV for my 29ft RV?
The repair shop just accidentally smashed the screen on my built in 15" Sharp LCD.
Thinking of getting a bigger one for the bedroom.
Also thinking that a 12V one would be useful.
This is the biggest 12V TV I can find.
Link Removed
Are the 12V ones worth it or should I just get a normal 28"? Do they quickly drain the batteries?
Any advice?

ronald4874

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Poole Dorset
Funster No
MH
CB 6.5 metres
Exp
About 15yrs plus early years in caravan & cruiser
Flat Screen TV

Last year I purchased a 17" Flat screen with DVD for £146 from EBay with 12months Guarantee which incidently is 12 volt at the TV with an adaptor from 240v to 12 volt. Most TV's i believe follow this same pattern so we use ours in the van with a Sky box down in Southern Spain with a small standard dish and get a lot of progs.
Advice, don't pay over the top for a 12v TV.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
juliandavies

juliandavies

Free Member
Dec 12, 2008
Crystal Palace, London
Funster No
MH
29ft RV
Exp
18 months n counting
Last year I purchased a 17" Flat screen with DVD for £146 from EBay with 12months Guarantee which incidently is 12 volt at the TV with an adaptor from 240v to 12 volt. Most TV's i believe follow this same pattern so we use ours in the van with a Sky box down in Southern Spain with a small standard dish and get a lot of progs.
Advice, don't pay over the top for a 12v TV.

Thanks Ronald
I bought the one in the link I posted - seems good value. I did want the HDMI slot so I can plug in my PS3
Julian

pieterv

Free Member
Mar 8, 2009
Lichfield, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Hi Julian,

I am thinking of buying the same TV as you have.

Was just wondering what the viewing angle is like. Do you have to more or less sit straight in front of it to get a good picture, or will other angles work as well?

Thanks,

Pieter

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back