Sue

Aug 13, 2014
Suffolk. Near Bury st Edmunds
Funster No
MH
IH 600rl/rd
Exp
Like PVCs the best
We are looking for a neat tv/dvd combo for the MH. Any suggestions please?
We may watch tv in the UK , but definitely not when abroad, where we will use it just for watching dvds, so it must be multi region.
Any advice appreciated.

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
DVDs so 90's :) most decent TVs these days come with USB slot to play your media, recorded tv programs movies, whatever.....they tend to be Slimmer and lighter tv's as well.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Why must it be multi regional Sue ?
Do you buy DVD's from America or Asia ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Sue

Sue

Aug 13, 2014
Suffolk. Near Bury st Edmunds
Funster No
MH
IH 600rl/rd
Exp
Like PVCs the best
Why must it be multi regional Sue ?
Do you buy DVD's from America or Asia ?
unfortunately, w have quite a few dvd which are region 1 ( given to me as presents...lovely old black and white movies, which i love) so need a dvd player that will let me view them, and watch them over and over again ( sad aren't i ?)

Sep 24, 2013
Torbay, Devon
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 1992
With Avtex TVs there is a hack code that you can enter to change it to region 0 which is region free, when I bought mine it had been left on region 3 ( far east ) at the manufacturers and on speaking to Avtex in the uk was given the code to change it to region free.
Don

Reactions: Sue
Jan 22, 2013
London SE
Funster No
MH
A class Adria vision I707
Exp
since 1971
The obvious choice if a tad expensive is a avtex
We have two both with DVDS you need to go into the menu and select 0 for all regions,
Also has a USB slot up 64g pens are usable, with about 120 hours of viewing possible, or plug in a external dive upto 2 TB if you really love your TV,
You can also record to the USB pen channels you want to watch later,
Avtex are low amp 12 volt with a HDMI input/ output as well.
Expensive but you get what you pay for!

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
If you have a particular make & model in mind, go on Google and search for [make & model] region free hack to see if a free one exists. Most DVD players and recorders can be switched to region zero, usually by entering a sequence of numbers with the remote. A few DVD recorders can also be hacked to let you switch off Macrovision, which then allows you to record from protected VHS tapes.

Not that I would ever consider that of course :whistle:

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
unfortunately, w have quite a few dvd which are region 1 ( given to me as presents...lovely old black and white movies, which i love) so need a dvd player that will let me view them, and watch them over and over again ( sad aren't i ?)

Sue, you can download a DVD converter that will read any region and convert it to a file that you can store on a USB stick and play on a TV with USB connection or on a laptop or stored on a ipad. Please google converting DVD's and you should be able to follow guide. We take a 4TB hard drive system with us full of converted DVD's and TV shows and use as and when. Saves loads of space.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Ahhh.. I see Sue.. John ( D Q ) has the answer though mate.. Much better that lobbing out loadsa dosh on any specific make / model, it will allow you to chose anything as long as it has a USB socket ( which almost all have nowadays )

Sep 16, 2010
Bungay Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail TrackerEKS
Exp
Since 2010
Don Quixote, I like your "motto" :- I want simple things: Peace, kind words ...etc........
A very good way to live your life I think..
Mitch..(y)
PS... Where is your "little Village in Spain. ??

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Sue, you can download a DVD converter that will read any region and convert it to a file that you can store on a USB stick and play on a TV with USB connection or on a laptop or stored on a ipad. Please google converting DVD's and you should be able to follow guide. We take a 4TB hard drive system with us full of converted DVD's and TV shows and use as and when. Saves loads of space.
We are looking for a neat tv/dvd combo for the MH. Any suggestions please?
We may watch tv in the UK , but definitely not when abroad, where we will use it just for watching dvds, so it must be multi region.
Any advice appreciated.

Went to ARGOS and bought cheapest 15 ins tv dvd player. About £65. Had it 3 years now. Can use it all over Europe. Busby...

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back