Best smartphone apps for use while driving (1 Viewer)

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
I love my Tomtom Go and use it all the time, the speed warnings and traffic are great but I was wondering what apps other funsters love.
Im especially interested in hearing about car launchers. Android auto is fine if you want to navigate using google maps or wayz but wot allow tomtom go to be used.
I have tried a few different ones. A few years ago I tried Drivermode but went off it as it looked ands felt too basic, however I have now revisited it and I quite like it. Being basic looking it is easy to do things safely while driving like enable tomtom, select music and make a call to name a few. It has a decent voice control for basic functions and will read texts and allow you to dictate a reply easily. It also can be set to read emails from most providers. Favorite apps and favorites from your phone contacts can be given an easy to find button as well as shortcuts to apps. Like most car launchers you can also set it to auto launch with certain bluetooth connections or when it senses you are driving.

Let us all know about your experiences with apps that you use while driving, especially with car launchers as there are so many about.

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
Oh Wow, all that stuff going on whilst driving, well I suppose it depends on your requirements whilst you are driving, ie. business person driving to work, alway needing to be in touch, or like me 99% of my driving is for pleasure so all I need is Spotify.

OP
OP
jezport
Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
Oh Wow, all that stuff going on whilst driving, well I suppose it depends on your requirements whilst you are driving, ie. business person driving to work, alway needing to be in touch, or like me 99% of my driving is for pleasure so all I need is Spotify.
The Drivermode app make it easier for you to use spotify while driving while still leaving it easy to use your phone or satnav app.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 12, 2016
Chesterfield England Tellus 3
Funster No
MH
Lunar Roadstar 800
Exp
6 years
Well do not use a smart phone for navigation - new radio with bult in Sat Nav and 7 inch pop up screen with lifetime updates is fine

BUT

We use
FillLPG to find gas
Essence - for French fuel stations works well for cheap diesel off the Autoroutes
Petrol Prices for the UK
Green Zones EU for the critair zones and it has all of Europe too

Then for sites

Search for Sites
ACSI for discount
we also have Camperstop, Park 4 the night, Archies. Motorhome Parking, Aires Campingcar infos,

As well as
Sat Finder and DTV Antennas
Spirit level
English Heritage (I'm a disable member so a carer is free and upto 9 kids)

and just loaded Highways England for motorway traffic info

obviously all used when not driving but a big help in the number of physical books new no longer need to haul around

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Some folks just can't manage without electronic gadgets.
Wonder how long before someone has a phone grafted to their hand. .
You're driving, leave it all in your pocket Oh Please!.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back