Free Member
Jan 30, 2017
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Swift 624
Exp
i am a newbie
Hi we have just purchased a new Swift 624 motorhome, we take delivery of it Wednesday - we're hopefully planning our first trip end of Feb. we're looking for lightweight non stick saucepans. Any recommendations? thanks!

The2i's

Free Member
Nov 7, 2016
Appleby, Cumbria.
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Since 2016
We bought a set of these Tefal saucepans with a removable handle. They've worked well so far, but they would have suited us more if they came with a small pan in place of the large one. We also bought the Link Removed which use the same handle.
Just looking on eBay, I think this and this would have been better.
I did see other recommendations for these - too colourful for me, though!
Have a great first trip.
Ian

edit - hmm.... too much time Googling - @Speve gave the name 20 mins ago!

Last edited:

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
You might find that the hob in the MH as smaller, closer together rings than a domestic one. I bought 3 pans of the same diameter, small size, as then they all fit on the hob together.
That might be what the @The2i's is saying above.
Do wait until you take delivery of MH and for first trip just use some pans from home and decide the best fit both for your hob and for your cupboard space.
I personally find the ones with a removable handle too much of a nuisance unless there is a handle for each pan.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
I take a triple steamer pan with handles on the side, a small saucepan and an enamel lined casserole which can go on the hob or in the oven, a light one from Morrisons a few years ago. will look at the tefal though thanks @Minxy Girl

Dec 24, 2009
bedworth warks
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
2009 previously a tugger for thirty years
Yes a Tesco Steamer for us and a non stick milk pan plus ovenware if you have one has seen us through for years.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 29, 2016
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Line
Exp
Since 2016
We just bought two cheap non-stick aluminium pans from The Range (a large and a small) - they stack inside each other (with the handles sticking out) and live in the little cupboard thingie built into the bottom of the oven along with a non-stick frying pan. I looked at the Ingenio stuff but it is very expensive - though we do have plenty of kitchen storage so I don't need to worry too much about how small they pack away.

Have you looked at crockery yet? If not, then Ikea OFTAST plates are similar to Corelle but LOTS cheaper (I dislike plastic or melamine).

MillieMoocher

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Kingham
Exp
40 years under canvas: Motorhome 2016 To 2020
Hello and welcome.

Another vote here for Tefal Igeno pan set, its very handy how they stack.

Taking up on @DM23 point re crockery, I too dislike plastic stuff. There are a lot of "special" cravanning and motorhoming crockery sets at dealers but we just buy these from Argos, and at the price, doesn't really matter if they get damaged.

Broken Link Removed

Pia

Free Member
Jan 16, 2017
staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral Supreme 680ST
Exp
We have an induction hob which we use when hooked up...we've got stacking Tefal saucepans suitable for all hob types.

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
Poundstretcher ..brilliant cheap as chips and if they do fail they still wont cost anything much to replace . Ok not big posh names for you label huggers but who care what the name is on them .and i don't believe buying the branded ones are real value for money .imho of course . Hard hat on .g&t in hand grinning .

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Poundstretcher ..brilliant cheap as chips and if they do fail they still wont cost anything much to replace . Ok not big posh names for you label huggers but who care what the name is on them .and i don't believe buying the branded ones are real value for money .imho of course . Hard hat on .g&t in hand grinning .
They're okay if you like to burn stuff ... they're cr@p so if you keep replacing them all the time you'd be better off with quality ones in the first place ... I've had our Tefal ones for years and they are still going strong - the price of the ones on offer at Tesco is a genuine saving, if I needed anymore I'd certainly be buying them as they have all you need - 3 saucepans and a deep saute pan for frying etc and a frying pan ... additionally the saute pan can be used like a double skillet with the frying pan over the top of it (obviously flipping it isn't recommended!). The only thing I did was buy an extra handle (you can get any of the clip on ones which are about half the price of the Tefal ones)

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
I'm another fan of the Tefal pans with detachable handles. If I was replacing I would want the same but not as a set - the large pan is too big for my lifestyle (only me!) in the van. Have had for a number of years and bought specifically because of the detachable handles and stacking.

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
We have some Tefal Ingenio and they are very, very good - Tesco have a set on offer at the moment ... very good value indeed:

http://www.tesco.com/direct/tefal-ingenio-8-piece-saucepan-set/397-5190.prd?skuId=397-5190

This set does not come with lids, neither did ours when we bought them in France a few years ago. The plastic lids are just for cover. We purchased separate lids for ours, stainless ones for the frying pans, plus another handle from a supermarket in France. As mentioned previously a very small pan for heating milk etc. would have been nice. We use the large pan as a casserole. Wouldn't be without ours.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
I've got the plastic covers with mine and they've never been used as they can't go as 'lids' when cooking - I just got some cheap pan lids in France with the 'steam' holes in and also picked up some solid ones from car boot sales.

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
good saucepans are worth every penny we originally had lecruset which we got as wedding presents but whilst great they chip and are very heavy the current set of prestige stainless are 30 plus years old theyve been caught light boiled dry dropped and still look like new (touch wood)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back