Free Member
Jun 19, 2011
lancaster
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2005
HELP NEEDED PLEASE...hi im new to forums etc and also motorhoming in europe....we are traveling as a family (husband,wife, 3 yr old daughter) we have roughly planned where we want to visit but have really confused my brain with best roads to take, toll, non toll, senic, dual carrageway etc.......also any advice on campsites on south of france coastline that are wild camping types with nice views etc.
If anyone could please give me advice it would be awsome...PLEASE HELP...planned route as follows

1...Calais
2...Annecy
3...Tignes(summer skiing)
4...South of France coast region
5...Pyrenees
6...Limoges(Friends house 4 days)
7...Calais

We are planning of taking 5 weeks to complete so please can anyone help..

Thanks Ormy...

OP
OP
O

ormy73

Free Member
Jun 19, 2011
lancaster
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2005
Sorry forgot that point....Leave July 11th and return on August 20th.....ferry booked etc

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Sorry forgot that point....Leave July 11th and return on August 20th.....ferry booked etc

Peak cost time and you just might get unlucky with the odd site full but you have a sound plan.

Buy the ACSI DVD and the CC Europe book with France in it. Between those you'll have thousands of sites to choose from.

Play it by ear, it's not like you're going to be sleeping in the open.

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Peak cost time and you just might get unlucky with the odd site full but you have a sound plan.

Buy the ACSI DVD and the CC Europe book with France in it. Between those you'll have thousands of sites to choose from.

Play it by ear, it's not like you're going to be sleeping in the open.

Just wondering Brian can the Acsi be used during this time, as believed during this period it was unusable

Kath

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring
HELP NEEDED PLEASE...hi im new to forums etc and also motorhoming in europe....we are traveling as a family (husband,wife, 3 yr old daughter) we have roughly planned where we want to visit but have really confused my brain with best roads to take, toll, non toll, senic, dual carrageway etc.......also any advice on campsites on south of france coastline that are wild camping types with nice views etc.
If anyone could please give me advice it would be awsome...PLEASE HELP...planned route as follows

1...Calais
2...Annecy
3...Tignes(summer skiing)
4...South of France coast region
5...Pyrenees
6...Limoges(Friends house 4 days)
7...Calais

We are planning of taking 5 weeks to complete so please can anyone help..

Thanks Ormy...

Sounds like a really nice trip Ormy.

Don't get too concerned and worried about the planning. You are going on holiday, it's not a military exercise.

You have the basic route worked out, see how you feel each day, just take it as it comes.
I would avoid toll roads unless you are really pushed for time. They are just an unnecessary expense and can be tiring and boring, especially for your 3 year old.
France has great A (N) roads and even the smaller roads are a joy to drive on.

You could do Calais to Annecy in a day, but there are so many nice places and stops you would miss on the way. If you find somewhere you like stay an extra day or two, especially if the little one is having fun.

There are campsites and aires almost everywhere, some may be full, but you will always find somewhere and you can even just find a nice spot to park up for the night if you have to.

Just have your "loose" plan to hand, have a look each day at the map and work out a realistic objective for the day, be it 100 miles or 300 miles or some sites you want to take in....

Wish I was going too, we have to wait till Aug 16th, just as you are on the way home...

I'm sure you will have a great time and great FUN, let us know how you get on... :thumb:

Callum

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Just wondering Brian can the Acsi be used during this time, as believed during this period it was unusable
Kath

He won't get a discount but the DVD is a great way of finding campsites. Always assuming they take a laptop. One of the biggest bargains out there.

Link Removed

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Hi ::bigsmile: personally I don't use toll roads (peage) but do sometines use motorway but prefer other main roads as you see more villages / towns more of french way of life, also you didn't say wether you intented to use aires we usually do as more economical then every 3rd or 4th night use campsite for showers etc. a good site for that is motorhoming france cost £12 but worth it.

Aire: BEAUGENCY

ADDRESS: AVE DE CHAMBORD (D925)
TEL: 02 38 44 50 01 FAX: 02 38 46 40 37
EMAIL: accueil@ville-beaugency.fr
TYPE OF AIRE: MUNICIPAL

FACILITIES: WATER /GREY DRAIN/BLACK DRAIN/ TOILETS/ ELECTRIC

PRICES/ RATES: PAYMENT by CB
PARKING: FREE SERVICES: 2€ WATER, 1€ ELECTRIC
OPENING TIMES: ALL YEAR
GPS COORDS: N47.77951 E01.63668
DIRECTIONS: Entering BEAUGENCY from EAST on D925, turn RIGHT immediately upon crossing Loire. AIRE is 200m on RIGHT at bend in road.
SITE DESCRIPTION This municipal aire is located in a medium size gravel parking area, shaded by mature trees & within a short walk of the Loire River. The aire is about 300m north of the town centre, on the edge of the town -- backing onto open countryside & the river. There is an artisanal service point with platform drain & toilets adjacent. Good range of shops & services in town as well as a museum & chateau. Nearby municipal campsite with 300 spaces.
REVIEW:
2008 A reasonable aire, but suffers from some road noise from adjacent D925. Close to town centre & shops, in a pleasant spot overlooking the Loire & with views of the bridge. No obvious black drainage apart from toilets, although a sign asks you not to dispose of chemical waste here. Grey drainage & parking free, electric & water payable by card only.
Link Removed
Beaugency
Link Removed

This the sort of info on each aire in there , done areas:thumb:

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Fidget, we have stayed on that particular aire as well, excellent position as you say its a really nice town and it is also on the cycle way right at the side of the site, the boules ground is right opposite and we used sit watching them play of a evening letting the world go by. A aire well worth a visit.

Also don't forget the many municipal sites in France all good value and worth thinking about. A good sat nav is a must for us for guideing us to our next planned destination, though as has been said, always be flexable, and don't forget you are never on the wrong road just a different one, enjoy.

OP
OP
O

ormy73

Free Member
Jun 19, 2011
lancaster
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2005
thanks for all your responses troops really helpful......wivvy's dad i have noticed on other treads about Rive Gauche can you tell me more or is it top secret......also someone sent me a PM but i mistakenly deleted it before reading so can you get back it touch

Cheers again

Ormy:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back