mrhappydog

Free Member
Dec 30, 2012
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner IT728G
Exp
We are off to the hopefully sunny Algarve in 3 weeks. We are zipping across Biscay on the ferry to Santander. We want to spend a week or two driving down to the Algarve, I have stared at the map but have no idea which is the most interesting route to take, not the fastest. Any advice please?
Also is it difficult to get onto the Aires in the Algarve as I understand there are a lot of motorhomes down there every winter?

simply

Free Member
Apr 24, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
Renault Trafic
Exp
Newcomer
I shall watch the replies here with great interest, most interesting rather than fastest routes are what interest me too. Please keep us posted on your findings mrhappydog.
Safe travels.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Canna help at all.. We always drive down from Dunkirque and simply follow the satnag avoiding toll roads !

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
all the routes are interesting . just have fun . you will find good spots for overnighting all over the place . stay off main roads . same on the algarve . some places are packed others empty. never used an aire just find nice places to stop. have used them in france but dont use them anymore .

Deleted User
We have always headed to Porto which is well worth seeing and then make our way down the Atlantic coast which I think is far better than the Algarve. Even if not quite so warm as the Algarve the weather in October should still be pretty good, up in the seventies at least. We have been on beaches ( S/Jukinta is one ) in October and we were the only people on it. Plenty of ACSI sites available but some of them are a bit scruffy.

Have a good trip, I am envious.

Spongy

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back