Best route from Shrewsbury to Dylan's CL (1 Viewer)

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
Will be heading off to Dylan's CL near Llandovery for a few days next week. Looking at my Trucker's Atlas and Google Maps there are a few main road options as to the route from Shrewsbury. Not knowing any of these roads, can someone please advise me on the best route to take - avoiding steep hilly sections if possible. Thank you. :Smile:

Jan 31, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
10 years +
If you don't want hills and U bends then avoid the Newtown to Llanrindod Wells road.

Might be better going A49 via Ludlow and Leominster and then across - but I don't know the roads across from Leominster, they may be no better than the other way!

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
We spent a few days at Dylans before going onto the meet at Jims. We took junction 7 off M5 on to the A44 - Worcester to Llandovery. Us being 8 feet wide did at times find the road to be narrower than we would have liked, but can't see that you would have any problems, also no big hills that would give you grief either. Tomtom Satnav took us right to Dylans gate.

Nigel and Pamala

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Hi Maz, don't know if this of any help to you as I just follow my sat nav.

When I went to Dylan's from Malvern last year I followed the straightforward route the satnav took me (fastest route) and there was no problem at all ..... but coming home (North West from Dylan's) it took me right up the country on the Western side through Wales and I was cursing like mad ... the roads were steep, narrow and I scratched my van constantly. When I next went near there, I decided to travel to Malvern first and THEN set my sat nav.... no problems yet again.

Have a lovely time by the way with TWO very lovely people. Eileen and Mark ... and look after Colin the cat for me. :thumb:

Last edited:
OP
OP
maz

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
Thanks everyone for your input. Sounds as if A49 to Leominster and then A44 across towards Llandidrodd Wells might be the best bet.

dylan

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
sw wales
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
n/a
The A483 will bring you within one mile of the site :Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.