Best rear brake shoes to buy for Hymer 1993. Fiat ducato. (1 Viewer)

paible

Free Member
Jan 17, 2021
Orkney
Funster No
MH
Erinlucy123
Exp
Hymer A class 1993
Total beginner and bought a mature Hymer...no MOT. But won’t take much ( I’m told).
Needs rear brake pads...new power steering hose..
I’m trying to order parts but it’s just so confusing...any one ordered these parts for similar camper...?
Need timing belt replaced even though it’s only done 6000 k since last one was fitted....was asked did I want the belt with 153 teeth or 154 🥴..needless to say I’m just as confused...was told to count the teeth on the belt...thank you in advance for anyone that can steer me in the right direction

Jan 11, 2018
Malvern Link, Malvern, UK
Funster No
MH
Chausson Welcome 85
Exp
Since 2018
I don't need any brake parts at the moment but I have checked.
Most parts supply websites list more than one form of brake pad and disc for my X250 , so I understand your problem.
When I need some I think i will have to remove a pad and measure it up etc.

Upvote 0

Clipgate

Free Member
Jan 1, 2014
Folkestone
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
A really good steer is Coastal Motorhomes, they will need your VIN number just be prepared!
Secondly your probably aware most light commercial vehicles are not supported by the manufacturer apart from residual stock or common part availablity.
I agree replace the Cambelt regardless of mileage, plus on the rear shoes suggest new wheel bearings save time in the future.
Power steering hoses can be made up to pattern look up your local hydraulic hose repair service.
Suggest front hub bearings are at least dismantled and repacked ideally replaced, on your model they have spacers for the preload, not like other taper bearings you may have encountered, the front axle can be two different types, check your front wheel size before ordering, either 15 or 16 inch.
Also suggest you replace the gearbox oil, be sure to use correct grade and spec for your vehicle. Not just the viscosity.

Upvote 0
Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
You could try Fiat forum and the eper on that which may help identify what model you have.
Also manufacturers plate under the bonnet helps with engine type.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
paible

paible

Free Member
Jan 17, 2021
Orkney
Funster No
MH
Erinlucy123
Exp
Hymer A class 1993
Contacted coastal motor homes and hopefully get under way tomorrow with parts...thank you

Upvote 0
OP
OP
paible

paible

Free Member
Jan 17, 2021
Orkney
Funster No
MH
Erinlucy123
Exp
Hymer A class 1993
Inside van is immaculate....as is outside...chassis very good...but been sitting 2 plus years...60 k miles on clock..just need her MOTd 😀...started off with just a bad brake pipe and jacked her up and more unfolded...but to be honest that was expected..

Upvote 0
Jan 29, 2017
Gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
Lunar Champ H621
Exp
15yrs
Can I just say a big WELCOME, glad to see that you have found Coastal- I have found them to be very helpful.
Enjoy the Work, the Fun will start when Lockdown ends , so be ready!
Best wishes

Mike & Ann

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back