best place to sell my motorhome (1 Viewer)

Adria 5

Free Member
Jul 23, 2007
Funster No
MH
adria caravan
Exp
hi:Sad: thinking off selling mh what the best place in no rush:RollEyes: mmm mag / motorhome mobi/
local paper / ebay / other mag

:Smile: rv on the agenda

ray

Aug 16, 2007
Funster No
hi thinking off selling mh what the best place in no rush mmm mag / motorhome mobi/

ray

Hi Ray,
Last year I put mine in MMM, at a sensible price.
Got a lot of dreamers and time wasters but no sale. Got a couple of stupid offers.:Sad:
Was not bothered so I did not sell it.:ROFLMAO:
This year in a fit of madness, I telephoned around the dealers and I actually got a good price from Stafford Motorhomes.:thumb:
Granted it was June and I reckon it was only about £1000 less than I could have expected privately and I would have had all the hassle again:Cool:.
Some of the dealers sadly offered stupid prices and I told them where to go!:Angry:
But if I were you, I would wait until next spring as at this time of the year (now) folks would be looking for a winter bargain!
Hope this helps

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Host your own advert on a website with contact details, pics etc. , then advertise on ebay with the reserve price you would accept. Add a link to your site, this gives you lots of free coverage. :winky:

Aug 16, 2007
Funster No
Do people actually manage to sell a decent m/h on ebay?
Anyone know of such a sale going through?
By this I mean do they sell for a realistic price?

Last edited:

wildcamper

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
High Top
Exp
Hi,

We've just sold our motorhome via Preloved, which is free.
I would also do as Scotjimland said & create a website via Freewebs & link this to your advert.

Hope this helps & Goodluck:thumb:

OP
OP
Adria 5

Adria 5

Free Member
Jul 23, 2007
Funster No
MH
adria caravan
Exp
HI yep fuel not a iissue with me:winky::roflmto:

ray

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
hi:Sad: thinking off selling mh what the best place in no rush:RollEyes: mmm mag / motorhome mobi/

ray

Hi Ray

Sold my RV about 2 months ago. Advertised on anything that looked half good. I took the opinion that the more people see it the better.
I had over a thousand in total view the sites I advertised on, but clearly some would be duplicates, but the more the merrier.
Ebay had undoutably the largest number of hits & in the end I settled with one of them.
I did a web site as well, advertising the URL everywhere I advertised the RV, with links where possible.
In the end I got a good deal more than the dealers would offer although no where near what I would have liked, but that's motor homes for you.

Good luck with you sale.

Keith

L

Lindy-C

Deleted User
Ebay is a great advertising platform and we have sold several RVs as a direct result of an Ebay ad.....I have never actually taken bids to the value of a vehicle, however those who have come to view have either bought the one on auction or one of the others which were available for sale at the time.

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
Hi Keith.
Do you mean that you actually sold it on ebay?

I sold it to a bidder on ebay but he didn't reach the reserve so we met, he inspected & gave me money:ROFLMAO:

From what I have heard this is usually what happens, I guess nobody wants to pay the fees Ebay charges.
The point about Ebay is that for a small fee you get a lot of people looking at your motor home & links to your selling web site, & hopefully one will want it::bigsmile:

Keith

Aug 16, 2007
Funster No
I sold it to a bidder on ebay but he didn't reach the reserve so we met, he inspected & gave me money:ROFLMAO:

From what I have heard this is usually what happens, I guess nobody wants to pay the fees Ebay charges.
The point about Ebay is that for a small fee you get a lot of people looking at your motor home & links to your selling web site, & hopefully one will want it::bigsmile:

Keith

I was just wondering, hence my earlier post.
Well done!:thumb:

The Poor Relations

Free Member
Sep 16, 2007
Sutton, Ely
Funster No
MH
Folding Camper
Exp
3 weeks
Ray

would you take a second hand folding camper and Nissan Micra, or your gorgeous MH?

Seriously, we love it and if we had the funds we would buy it odd you tomorrow, it is a great MH, and I would recomend it to anyone

OP
OP
Adria 5

Adria 5

Free Member
Jul 23, 2007
Funster No
MH
adria caravan
Exp
hi Debbie& paul:Blush: thanks for the plug!! the CHQ is in the post:winky:::bigsmile:

RAY

Last edited:

The Poor Relations

Free Member
Sep 16, 2007
Sutton, Ely
Funster No
MH
Folding Camper
Exp
3 weeks
even with all my typo's?

just re-read what I wrote, bad spelling errors, ooops

I am tired that is my excuse

I think you will get a great price for it, it is immaculate, we were working out if it would fit on the drive, and at a squeeze we think it would fit :RollEyes:

So, go on tell us what sort of price is it up for?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back