Best place to concet your solar panel (1 Viewer)

Sep 28, 2010
Castletownbere West Cork
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
11 years
Where is the best place to connect your Solar panel. Dethleffs want it connected into the control box Which mine is. This I believe means that it is not charging the batteries whilst driving. But talking to another knowledgeable person he stated if it is wired direct to the batteries it will charge them whilst driving in addition to the alternator.
Also when connected to EHU the control unit charges both leisure and main battery. But when using just solar the solar panel connected into the box only seems to charge the leisure battery. Any ideas folks.

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Into the control box for sure, especially if it has a smart charger, as most of the new one's do. Then it will charge both batteries but you may have to check on this.
The amount of power it will put in while driving around is a pittance compared to what the alternator does, so it's just a waste of time doing it just to the leisure battery..

OP
OP
mogbl
Sep 28, 2010
Castletownbere West Cork
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
11 years
Thanks for the reply. The wire from solar panel goes to the control box and then returns to the batteries so other than using a battery master how can I get it to charge the main battery as it does on EHU?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
if charging whilst driving the alternator will see 13+ volts, assume batteries are fully charged and shut down (unless a diode is fitted)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back