Best outdoor cooker/BBQ? (1 Viewer)

Mar 21, 2009
Harwich, Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
4 years
We want to get an outdoor cooker/BBQ and \i just wondered if anyone has recommendations on this. We are looking at a cadac at present as we do not have an oven in our motorhome and this says it has a faciity to use with a lid to make an oven (to cook pizza or the like) just wondered if anyone has experience of this or another make. Obviously don't want one that is too big!

ginge61

Free Member
Oct 29, 2007
n/wales
Funster No
MH
c class/t25 vw
Exp
since noah was a lad lol
not got one yet but cobb seen them working brill :thumb:

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
I have to agree with ginge61 and gonewiththewind and go for the Cobb, a brilliant bit of kit.

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
cannot beat a Cobb

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DiwlNpI7HQ]YouTube - Cobb Portable Grill from www.portable-grill-store.com[/ame]

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
I use my cadac at home only now as pain to clean on camp-sites.

Now use a campingaz kitchen grill but only big enough for 2 really.

Link Removed

Last edited:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
The Cadac is a great machine, but its bulky when stored, its a pain to clean, in fact we now only use the big non-stick paella pan with it, otherwise there are three large lumps of metal to clean, and what a pain they are to keep clean, it can ruin a meal knowing that you have to clean it afterwards (the kids meals that is:Smile: )

We had one of these for years, cost is £12 I think they are double that now. but you could still by 5 of them for the cost of one cadac.
Link Removed

easily stored no fat to clean off in the morning and if I see one at Peterborough I will buy it and leave the cadac for home BBQs only. My kids hate the Cadac:Smile:

Re the Cobb, its a fantastic thing for roasting a whole chicken or joint, we use ours a lot. Never as a regular barby though as its a bit small for all of us.

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Jim we bought one like yours last year called a Firefly (griddle plate is sidewards ) although yet to use it, bought it at the "Range Store" cant recall how much it was only that it was a good price if there is none at the show

I have also just bought a small stainless steel roasting pan to use in it to try and roast a chicken on slowly or like :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: it may or may not work ::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

mulaz

Free Member
Apr 14, 2009
Durham
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
3 years
nice and easy

After trying a few BBQ's over the years while camping ranging from a large gas garden style to small camping types,
They all have one big problem.......... CLEANING!!!!!

So now we only use £1 disposable BBQ's

frankly if you take your time and do it correctly they are as good as anything else.
i made a small metal support to lift them up of the ground, stops the grass from being scorched and makes life a bit easier.

But the best bit is next morning ......... cold BBQ straight into bin

No cleaning up and more time to chill:thumb:

Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
Got the Cobb and a Cadac safari chef just big enough to cook for two.

Cobb cooks whole chooks and vegies around the outside in one go but you have to light it and wait for it to heat up like normal BBQ before stating to use.

Cadac Safari chef takes a few mins to get to tempreture.

Both a pain in the bot to clean.:ROFLMAO:

My prefered one would be the Cadac Safari.:thumb:

Kon tiki

Free Member
Oct 11, 2007
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
20+
We have had a Cobb for quite a few years, it is showing it's age a bit & we probably need to replace it. Was impressed with the Link Removed some friends had, easy to set up & much faster to get hot ready for cooking. Also it was controllable something that isn't with the Cobb, once you light it the temperature is governed by the amount of heat beads (briquettes) you use with the Cadac you can adjust it as you go along.

Think I've just talked myself into buying a Cadac Safari :RollEyes: anybody know where to get one at the best price? Cheapest I found up to now was about £50 delivered.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back