Best Motorhome security system (1 Viewer)

Mark Lambert

Free Member
Mar 12, 2018
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta k yacht 80
Thanks for your reply.
I will look into these and compare for sure. Will they come and fit or do we have to take the van to them?

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
I understand. Thanks.
You can turn this feature off but also buy one lower spec without exterior proximity?
Just want to for the best alarm i can to protect not just for insurance.
You also suggest vanbitz?
I am biased: I am Van Bitz lol

I started the business in 1990 so whilst I don't do much (any:wasntme: according to our employees :think:) installation work anymore I play with security equipment all the time.

As you say any feature can be excluded, but it is really a gimmick that would be turned off more than on, and whilst in a it uses a high frequency module to transmit 360* through the glass windows it isn't practical to centrally mount in a much larger motor home, so at best it will only work in the cab area.

RowleyBirkinQC

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 20, 2014
Dazed & Confused
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007
Thanks for your reply.
I will look into these and compare for sure. Will they come and fit or do we have to take the van to them?
We took the vehicle to Taunton for installation, you may be entitled to a free night at the on-site campsite (e.g. arrive day before install to avoid rushing), you could then make it into a little break.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Thanks for your reply.
I am afraid that you have to bring your motorhome to us due to the complexity of the installation, If you give us the Motorhome FUN subscriber code when you book you get a 10% MHF discount. We do have a waiting list (currently taking alarm bookings for third week in May) but we do have a 3.5 acre campsite for you to use when you visit www.cornishfarm.com

Mark Lambert

Free Member
Mar 12, 2018
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta k yacht 80
Thanks Eddie. Think this will be the way forward i think.
We are Midlands Nottingham so it Will be a good journey for us, asks we don't have the mh yet. Maybe pick up mid May hopefully.
Have you fitted a mobilvetta k80 yet as they are quite new and would this pose a problem? Strikeback or growler?
First van so wet Behind the ears as they say.

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Thanks Eddie. Think this will be the way forward i think.
We are Midlands Nottingham so it Will be a good journey for us, asks we don't have the mh yet. Maybe pick up mid May hopefully.
Have you fitted a mobilvetta k80 yet as they are quite new and would this pose a problem? Strikeback or growler?
First van so wet Behind the ears as they say.
you’d be surprised how many people with the “first one in the country” motorhome bump into people with the same motorhomes at Van Bitz ;)

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Getting better month by month.
I am biased: I am Van Bitz lol

whilst I don't do much (any:wasntme: according to our employees :think:) installation work anymore I play with security equipment all the time.
But you don't half make a mean Hot Chocolate(y);)

Lottiethehymer

Free Member
Jul 13, 2015
Northampton
Funster No
MH
B class
Exp
We had the growler and imobliser fitted end of January before we went over to France and Spain for 2 months, I must say it made us sleep like baby’s knowing we was 100%. safe and felt more at ease leaving our van while off exploring , best money we have spent other than the auto levelling we also had done before our trip away (y) xx

Apr 21, 2008
bedford
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Vanbitz are on the forum and also outsmart the thief. Vanbitz tell you about their system and answer all questions, If the other firms are so confident in their alarm systems why don’t they come forward and defend themselves?

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Was also researching this, no mention of Clifford Alarms. Is this system not used on mh?
Was interested with the dual proximity, was the alarm always used on my cars in the past? Would sooner scare people away when looking in than attempting to get in?

That would just be a modified car alarm.

The systems (some of them anyway :whistle:) being discussed here are specifically designed for motorhomes. In some ways they more closely resemble house/building alarms than car alarms so there's obviously quite a difference.

jimiol

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
Doonbeg Ireland
Funster No
MH
Coachbulit
Exp
beginner, I don't like the newbie term
I had a vanbitz alarm fitted to my mobilvetta mh85 from new in April 2017. Excellent system, service and value for money and as a plus great after care when I forgot some of the functions.

Mark Lambert

Free Member
Mar 12, 2018
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta k yacht 80
I had a vanbitz alarm fitted to my mobilvetta mh85 from new in April 2017. Excellent system, service and value for money and as a plus great after care when I forgot some of the functions.

That's good too hear, can't wait for my fit when i pick my k80 up... have you managed with payload?

jimiol

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
Doonbeg Ireland
Funster No
MH
Coachbulit
Exp
That's good too hear, can't wait for my fit when i pick my k80 up... have you managed with payload?
Like many I have not availed of a weighbridge but I do travel light as possible and my dog g and wife are on a constant diet.
Overall very happy with the mh85

Mark Lambert

Free Member
Mar 12, 2018
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta k yacht 80
Ha. Mine too, but staffy is getting bigger. Just had some home truths about payload made me think more than i wanted to, although i did up the payload when i purchased.

ctc

Oct 12, 2015
Crowle
Funster No
MH
Hymer b680
Exp
New
An alarm will annoy the neighbours and a tracker will tell the company where the van is , they will keep this to themselves until the thieves have had time to disable it ( with most trackers and alarms this is fairly simple). So buy the cheapest that is acceptable to the insurance company and if you want security fit an isolating switch which may delay them longer.

jimiol

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
Doonbeg Ireland
Funster No
MH
Coachbulit
Exp
An alarm will annoy the neighbours and a tracker will tell the company where the van is , they will keep this to themselves until the thieves have had time to disable it ( with most trackers and alarms this is fairly simple). So buy the cheapest that is acceptable to the insurance company and if you want security fit an isolating switch which may delay them longer.
Each to their own but my alarm doesn’t annoy my neighbours other than the neighbour without an alarm who is more likely to be subject to theft than me. Why go for a harder option?
It’s also peace of mind. Less worrying when parked up at night or left for the day.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back