Best motorhome insurance company? (1 Viewer)

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Best price or best cover ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
Fun has a list of best reviews from members, My choice 'Shield'. Looked at NFU who were the most expensive I investigated.
Try all the "Go Compare" names but they will not include 'Admiral' and some others.

Neckender

Free Member
Oct 15, 2007
Neckend or North Wales.
Funster No
MH
VW T6.1Kombi day Van
Exp
Since 2004
We’re with Safeguard and in 2014 were in a no fault accident in France but other driver refused responsibility.
So I couldn’t get my access back, Safeguard employed a solicitor who faught my case and I eventually got my access back and was proved that I was not at fault, by the way they got my van repaired very quickly, I’ve just renewed with them for £56000 van at a cost of £422.

John.

stewartwebr

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Morelo Empire Liner
Exp
36 years and 16 motorhomes
Problem with insurance policies is so many variables between us all. An insurer that offers a good premium for one may offer a high premium for another. For me the most important as others have said is how they handle the claims and again that may not be consist as many of the companies we all use are merely brokers and a recommendation may be forthcoming from one person but could be the broker arranges a policy with a different insurer who does not offer good claim handling.
A number of people recommended NFU who I was insured with for a few years. NFU have drastically reduced their coverage area in terms of home location as they only insure rural areas. In my case I am no longer in an area they deem to be rural, this was always questionable given my home address is bang in the centre of Edinburgh.
I have been with Caravan Club for a number of years who predominantly use AXA as the provider. I only know they are good on policy price and nothing more and will say nothing more in the event of tempting fait.

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
as @Robert Clark says NFU. I have found them very competitive they do not have an issue with large MH's even my 20 ton 8 wheel RV, AND if you want to import they will cover you on the VIN from collection in Europe, fully Comp, but you have to be an existing customer!

Jan 3, 2008
Pakefield, Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
I don't know which is the best one is but I do know it pays to make a few phone calls when looking for a policy. There can be big differences in premium. I regularly go between Caravan/Motorhome Club and Saga. I have had one claim Via a Caravan/Motorhome Club policy, there was no drama, I got a quote from Caravan Rapido which I provided, an assessor cam out to view the damage and agreed the quote, the repair was completed to my satisfaction and that was that. I just paid the repairer my excess and they were paid the remainder by the insurer.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Unless you are planning trips out of the EU Comfort probably the best option. Net policy which makes life easy. If travelling outside the EU Comfort have just bought in high charges for Green Card. NFU good for high value vans as they don't require alarms & trackers. Comfort over 40k alarm or tracker required, over 75k tracker required. There have been a couple posts on Fun saying Comfort now insisting you insure your van at list price rather than what you paid for it, if that is the case I may be changing to NFU next year.

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
All insurance companies are wonderful until you have to claim.

That’s when you really know who is best.

Craig hodgkins

Free Member
Dec 26, 2017
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Bailey 796
Exp
Newbies
Unless you are planning trips out of the EU Comfort probably the best option. Net policy which makes life easy. If travelling outside the EU Comfort have just bought in high charges for Green Card. NFU good for high value vans as they don't require alarms & trackers. Comfort over 40k alarm or tracker required, over 75k tracker required. There have been a couple posts on Fun saying Comfort now insisting you insure your van at list price rather than what you paid for it, if that is the case I may be changing to NFU next year.
Picking up our 2017 bailey 796 in feb paid 50k have alarm and immobiliser but no tracker will safeguard i sure

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
NFU's insurance will not recover vans over 3.5 tons in the event of a breakdown.

Jan 31, 2016
Halifax
Funster No
MH
A Class Rapido 9097F
Exp
June 2016
Aviva via Comfort unfortunately had to make a claim and they were nothing short of superb. 24 hr turn around from logging claim to authorised with only one estimate.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back