Best Motorhome for Full Timing (1 Viewer)

FullTimeDreamer

Free Member
Aug 21, 2009
Funster No
I know that everyone is different, they fulltime in different places, but I want to know what motorhome you fulltime in. We are still toying with the idea of an RV. We have read the ins and outs of RV ownership. BUT We are not even sure where we are going to mostly live yet and I am sure that this will play a part in which vehicle is best for suited to us for fulltiming, so we may well end up in a caravan! or panel van.

What do you full time in and why? If you could easily change it for something else whould you? Or is yours perfect for your needs?

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
best for full timing as to be a 5er. no toad to worry about.i say look for mini artic like mine n get it converted . do it yourself not to difficult. give me a date n time n come and look at mine. i live cornwall. good for summer .away in winter. dont use campsites stay as long as we can /want then move on. i recomend you get a base here .saves agro later .i also think you musnt go too big makes parking n travelling abit harder . mine is 20ft trailer 30ft overall aprox. keep to 7ft6ins wide better for sneaking in the narrow streets. i dont think i would change mine for anything else, on the second tow truck in ten years. its all a compromise . cheers alan.

Boo

Free Member
Jan 26, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A cls
Exp
9 years
I live in a 32ft Winnebago A class RV, they are built for every extreme from the florida summers right down to the Alaskan winters.

Plus you get everything a house has and more.
Thinking about it I would have bought a 5er until I retire as my RV spends most of its days on a site.

I'm still thinking about swapping for a 5th wheeler but I love my Winni.

Boo

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

johnsandywhite

Free Member
Jul 29, 2007
Doncaster/Spain
Funster No
MH
'A' Class RV &
Exp
I know that everyone is different, they fulltime in different places, but I want to know what motorhome you fulltime in. We are still toying with the idea of an RV. We have read the ins and outs of RV ownership. BUT We are not even sure where we are going to mostly live yet and I am sure that this will play a part in which vehicle is best for suited to us for fulltiming, so we may well end up in a caravan! or panel van.

What do you full time in and why? If you could easily change it for something else whould you? Or is yours perfect for your needs?

:Cool: Our first RV was 32/34ft with full Basement storage. We now have a 37.5 ft with Basement storage. We also have a commuter that we use for our Summers in the UK and travel backwards and forwards. Started off with a 18ft then 21ft and now a 24ft with Garage. :thumb:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I suppose it really is horses for courses. I would say that if you are going to winter in the UK then even the largest motorhome might start to feel claustrophobic after four weeks sitting inside listening to the rain on the roof!

Conversely, if you are going to be spending your winters somewhere warm you will do most of your living outside of your motorhome, probably only venturing inside to sleep. If this is the case you could get by with a really small vehicle because you will only really use it for sleeping

If you are going to spend your time touring then a compromise between the size you will need for a British winter and the size that you will need to navigate country roads will have to be made. It has to be said that people full-time in all sorts of motorhomes but unless you are made of money it could be disastrous to get the choice wrong. So I would suggest that rather than a large American motorhome, you opt for something a bit smaller. Think about the storage you are going to need and the miles you are going to travel and your ideal Van should soon become apparent. It might well be a large comfortable RV or a small panel van conversion:thumb:

WorkandTravel

Free Member
Sep 16, 2009
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Just started!
Still working it out

We are still working it out and planning it all (try to sell my little business first to get some money to play with). Our preference at this moment is a motorhome with overcab and between 6 and 7 metres long with normal facilities on board. That size should be able to get us almost everywhere.
We plan to stay in GB for the first two years - spring and summer in Scotland (camp wherever you like), autumn and winter in SW... so we feel equipment is more important than size... and after close to 20 years together we've not attempted to kill one another yet ::bigsmile:

ta

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
like your ideas .but sw in winter it rains every day even in summer . try it see you in spain or even further to get to the sun. cheers alan

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back