Best / most reasonably priced RV for a couple with two dogs? (1 Viewer)

TheOpenRoad

Free Member
Oct 27, 2017
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
TBC
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi guys,

I really like the idea of getting myself an American.

They look really spacious which would be great given that we have two dogs we want to take touring with us.

Does anyone have any recommendations?

Looking for:
- Spacious
- Reliable
- Quality bodywork

Sorry if this is vague - still new here.

Julian Dearson

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 25, 2013
Droitwich Spa
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Since Aug 2013
Weight could be a consideration depending on what type of licence and when you got it. If you have an HGV then no issues, if no HGV but you’re licence is pre-97 then 7.5tonne is your max.

Budget also makes a huge difference.

I’d suggest looking at one with at least one slide; this creates significant additional space.

We’ve had two Winnebago’s and have loved them. Currently FT in a 35 foot Sightseer with two large slides and we have plenty of space (no dog but currently looking!).

If you’re located anywhere around the Midlands, Dave Evans Motorhomes is a must use - he’s incredibly knowledgeable and reasonable.

Hope this helps as a start.

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
Size has some drawbacks when visiting some sites and towns, as does weight. Some nice places have a weight limit of 3.5 tonnes which can be a handicap as can some main roads in France where you are also not allowed to overtake and are limited to 80km.
Running costs of tyres and fuel need to be considered.
As a one time coach driver, none of the above would put me off but I cannot fit an RV in my driveway and I am not willing to pay to park it away from home but if you can, have fun!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi guys,

I really like the idea of getting myself an American.

They look really spacious which would be great given that we have two dogs we want to take touring with us.

Does anyone have any recommendations?

Looking for:
- Spacious
- Reliable
- Quality bodywork

Sorry if this is vague - still new here.

What size dogs? Jack Russell and Westie size dogs are OK in any motorhome, but any bigger and a slideout really helps. Just one prone German Shepherd in a modern German van would use about 90% of the floorspace! You'll always know where your dog is :D . Whereas I've been in @eddievanbitz RV when he had two very large Shepherds and you have to look for the dogs to see where they're hiding.

I've owned the largest RVs and the Smallest German vans. All have their pro's and cons, these days they are as reliable as each other, parts for American vans can often be sourced quicker than most dealers will source Fiat bits. You can tour in an American RV but spontaneous touring is not to be recommended, the width of these machines means you really should plan your trips right down to the last turning into the campsite. Signature RV bring in some nice Americans that are narrower that the norm and thats a good place to start. Best of luck .

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back