The Baileys

Free Member
Jun 1, 2019
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance i821
Exp
Garmin looking like the best option so far circa £300 ish?

Considered dash mounting a phone but it really drains the battery.

Thanks as always in advance.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Based on my success with Nozatec and that of others with Xgody units, I am to shortly be in receipt of one of these. (y)

Cheers,

Jock. :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 6, 2019
Eye, Peterborough, UK
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
FourWinds Windsport 6.8L V10
Nov 17, 2012
WEST SUSSEX
Funster No
MH
HYMER B SL 674
Exp
SINCE 2005
Personally I would not bother going for a dedicated sat system, use airplay to link your smartphone to the radio screen( double din unit) then you can use whichever map you like plus see email, make calls messages and so on.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Is that the same as Xgody? Lifetime maps etc?
It is Jev, but their source of maps (the same as that for Nozatec), isn't as reliable as those on the Nozatec Users Facebook Group. ;)

That looks like some impressive kit for that price! Bargain!
I only had a quick play with TheHat Bill's unit, but it was enough for me to take a punt, knowing how pleased I was with the 7" units I have used. (y)

Cheers,

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
There are two Camper Sat Navs that stand out from the others, Garmin & Tom Tom. we have used both and they equally good. The Garmin IMO has the edge as it has more features than the Tom Tom but has one flaw that stops it from being world class and that's its routing. It's flawed and too often plots a route that makes no sense what-so-ever. However, this is not an issue as long as you are aware of this problem and review the route before setting off. Amending the route, if required, takes seconds. Other than that it's very good. I have the 770-LMT-D and not the latest one but suspect there is little to no difference between them when it comes to directing you from a to b. The screen on the Garmin is bigger than the Tom Tom which is another advantage.

Apr 6, 2019
Eye, Peterborough, UK
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
FourWinds Windsport 6.8L V10
It is Jev, but their source of maps (the same as that for Nozatec), isn't as reliable as those on the Nozatec Users Facebook Group. ;)

I only had a quick play with TheHat Bill's unit, but it was enough for me to take a punt, knowing how pleased I was with the 7" units I have used. (y)

Cheers,

Found one person on FB that sells them (Nozatec) on - just put his prices up to £399 !

Nov 11, 2013
Tewkesbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL 668
Exp
March 2014
I have a Garmin 770 and a Garmin 760 as a spare, and really would be totally lost in every sense of the phrase without them. I can't fault them in any way other than to say that both of them have occasionally had to be restarted/rebooted when they have frozen but that's just the same as every computer device I have ever owned so I forgive them.

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
I just bought a Garmin 770 which was on offer with Amazon 2 wks ago.

I’m pretty impressed with it. Love the voice command function which saves you having to touch it when driving.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp

I’m pretty impressed with it. Love the voice command function which saves you having to touch it when driving.
Did you not get on with your Nozatec Sandra? I know they are a bit like Marmite for some folks. ;)

Cheers,

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Did you not get on with your Nozatec Sandra? I know they are a bit like Marmite for some folks. ;)

Cheers,

It froze quite a lot and it wouldn’t let me make a U turn , the option is just not there so when I saw MicknMew garmin I was very impressed and as it was on offer I bought it and had it delivered to the PO in Barra.

I’ve given the nozatech to mum.

BRASH

Free Member
May 28, 2019
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Complete Newbie
Oops double post.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
it wouldn’t let me make a U turn
You have to uncheck the "disable U" turns box, in the settings Sandra. If you fetch it to either the Edinburgh or Fife Meet, (if you are attending) I'll have a look at it for your Mum, and remove unwanted maps from the memory, and update the ones she wants. (y)

Cheers,

OP
OP
The Baileys

The Baileys

Free Member
Jun 1, 2019
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance i821
Exp

Didn’t realise it had voice command! Definitely sold now lol

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
Brenda recently bought me the new tomtom 6250 pro

Absolutely super and can google search and other things via voice control. just say "hello tomtom" followed by your instruction

intelligent guidance specifically for hgv and motorhomes
You can input vehicle type, size, weight and axle weights and trailer
really big clear screen
really fast too
lifetime special maps
lifetime live traffic data
lifetime speed cameras

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.