Best Map Book for France? (1 Viewer)

Papa Smurf

Sep 25, 2007
Funster No
10 days or so to go before June & I cross the channel for the first time (note to self - must book some tickets soon!).

Which map books to people recommend for La Belle France? Large Scale, with any appropriate warnings to assist RV newcomers preferred? Oh, and must be able to obtain them within a short time or we'll already have left ::bigsmile:. We have tom-tom and Autoroute, but want a physical book so that we can use it when all my electronic aids commit suicide (a la Newark).

TIA
Papa

N

N Luyetund

Deleted User
Best for us is the AA one from the cheap shop:winky:

Some folks prefer Michelin but I find it too 'busy' to read comfortably

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Hi Papa, pete on facts recommended Michelin France 2008 A4 spiral bound, its got all the petrol stations listed with what they sell, going to get myself a copy here: Link Removed £19.99 inc £6.00 first class delivery.

You can see whats inside here: Link Removed

Olley

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
We use the AA jobbie, ring bound so you can fold the pages back and it's about A4 size:thumb: not too big on me birds lap when going along.:ROFLMAO:

A and K

Free Member
Sep 8, 2007
Nottinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Since April 07'
We also prefer the Large scale AA ring bound one.We agree with Graham, the Michelin seems too 'busy'
Also, we definately recommend using an atlas in conjunction with the Sat Nav rather than being sent down narrow roads etc.
Enjoy your trip :thumb:

Angie and Keith

superk

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Devon
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion now sold
Exp
8 years
Over five years touring France for a few months each year we've always used the 1:200,000 Michelin Tourist and Motoring Atlas - yes sizeable but as there are less pages there are less bits on the centre fold AND they give bridge heights. If staying in a particular region we may go to a more detailed map but can usually get by with the 1:200,000.
Keith

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back