LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Some people get on well with the Chinese bikes for not a lot of money, I think jaws used to have one.
Still have one..A Sym, but this one is a 125 scoot
Love em to bits.. thousands of miles on the ones I have had and have now with only one minor breakdown.
The 125 Crox weighs 105kG wet, does 60 mph two up, and came with a 5 year warranty ( though that was a special they were running, I think it is normally three years )
Mine goes on a carrier on the back I bought from Watling Tyres for £225 ( though they are now £275 + vat )
Even comes with a ramp and light board

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
canvas rear bag, don't know right name.
That not a nice way to refer to your pillion passenger?.:rofl:
I bought a new Honda CBF 125 - the 'Grudge Special' (just to try riding again 2 years after a major crash) and also rode it to Spain and back (just out of devilment). If it breaks down you can get it sorted anywhere in Europe ( or Asia, India, Japan.........) unlike Chinese bikes which (I know from experience) most dealers in U.K. except the supplier wouldn't touch with a barge pole.
View attachment 423369

Purely because I don't like 'modern' looking bikes and I wanted a bit more poke I changed it for a new (and 15kg lighter) Chinese 250cc bike which has been o.k. for 6,000 mls. touch wood.

View attachment 423381
What is that Chinese Bike?. It looks like my sort of Lightweight?. Rough Cost?

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Any tips on cheap-ish mods to up the power a bit ?
Our son started on a moped. There was a white wire under the seat which restricts the power one snip and a different air filter made a huge difference to the performance the likelyhood of getting prosecuted the chance of the insurance not paying out etc!!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
What is that Chinese Bike?. It looks like my sort of Lightweight?. Rough Cost?
It's a 2016 Herald Classic 250cc. and uses the Suzuki GN 250 engine. I paid about £2,200.
My dealer changed the tyres, shocks, chains, sprockets to European made ones before selling them but doesn't sell them now as he has reduced his range and the Sinnis was being sold cheaper. It's a light-handling (130kg) and nippy bike with good disc brakes front and rear and excellent lights. Leccy start obviously. The seat was was very hard to start with but complying better with my contours now. Starts first prod of the button. The speedo is in mph but the odometer shows distances in km but that's neither here nor there, ( just here AND there ;) ).
I've had mine 4 years, c6000 miles at home and abroad and apart from a first service at 500 miles (oil change, chain adjustment check and tappet clearance check) I've not had to do anything to it apart from adjusting the clutch cable - 15 minute job. I've not even had to top up the oil yet although it could probably do with a drop now!
It's identical to the Sinnis Retrostar 250.
I bought the Herald from a dealer 150 miles from me rather than the Sinnis dealer 8 miles from home simply because at the time the Sinnis wasn't available in black!! I'm a sucker for black bikes as they look more 'classic'.

I've just noticed that Herald now do a Classic 125 and 400 as well.

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back