Ven

Aug 15, 2008
East Sussex and beyond
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2009
We are hoping to go to northern Italy for the first time at the end of April, heading there from southern France. We want to splash out and stay at a couple of 5* lakeside motorhome locations and wondered if anyone had some hidden gems to recommend to us? Thanks in advance :)

OP
OP
Ven

Ven

Aug 15, 2008
East Sussex and beyond
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2009
Thanks Ditcha - I’ll have a look :)

Anyone else got some idyllic spots to recommend?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 24, 2011
shropshire
Funster No
MH
a class I think
Exp
10 months
Try Camping Iseo just outside Iseo On the lakeside very quiet and close to shopping. THey do have website but cant remember it but its the campsite with a brickwall on the right hand side of the entrance. Small site used by Germans mainly but very quiet but on the edge of the lake.Close to shopping resturaunts and Lake steamers. Snag is you have to book.

Delboyarapaho

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 17, 2013
Herts UK
Funster No
MH
Carthago Liner for T
Exp
Since 2013
We stayed at camping La Riva near Sorico last year. It is situated at the top of Lake Como, within sight of the estury but not actually on the lake. Marvellous views of the mountains all round. During June when we were there the mosquitos were man eaters!

The site was excellent, lovely and clean and the family hosts very helpful and co operative. It has a nice pool, although at that time of year you might nit get best use of it. A bus operates from the end of the drive and on that you can get to towns where the ferries run from. Nearby shops can provide provisions and there is a very good hyper market at Curico. This site would be well positioned if you are coming through the alps from St Moritz and want to stop when you get to the lake.

My advice if you want to head further south down the lake, think twice about driving down the west side of the lake as the road is very narrow and you do run the risk that a white van man will take your wing mirror out. Down the East side of the lake there is a very impersonal (but safe) dual carriageway. The views are much better from the west side (although you will see less heading north to south) but I'm not sure I would do it again.

We also stayed at Camping Fornella at San Felice, Lake Garda, which was also really nice. again very clean and well maintained although a bit set back from the lake. Camping Village weekend at Cisano looked really good and had amazing views over the lake although I have to confess we didn't stay there. There were also very good looking aires at Garda itself.

Have fun whatever you decide

OP
OP
Ven

Ven

Aug 15, 2008
East Sussex and beyond
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2009
Thanks so much for all your help, it has certainly given us food for thought :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 23, 2013
Not on the Coast East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B504
Exp
Since 2013
We stayed at Camping Solcio on Lake Maggiore nice smaller site on the waterfront and Camping SAN Francesco on Lake Garda a much bigger site but great location for exploring Verona and surrounding areas.

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
The south east shore of Garda between Lazise and Peschiera del Garda is basically one huge campsite interspersed with the occasional theme park - take your pick.

On a clear day you can sometimes spot the lake between the pedalos and hire boats. :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back