Free Member
Jun 23, 2017
Maidstone
Funster No
MH
Kontiki
Exp
Hi,
We are looking to purchase a kettle and toaster so would be grateful for some recommendations, thanks

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
I use a travel kettle. It has a lower wattage so less likely to trip out low amperage site connections and it is small so can squeeze it in drawer.
I have the smallest 2 slice toaster I could find for same reasons. Only one at a time gets plugged in.

Upvote 0

Vanman

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2016
Runcorn
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R PVC
Exp
March 2017
I got one of those toasting racks that you can stand on top of a gas ring and do four slices. (y)

The down side being it drops burning embers onto your hob that stick and are a swine to clean off :mad: Not recommended :(

Upvote 0

Dave K

Free Member
Mar 24, 2015
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740C
Exp
Since 2013
I think it depends on if you see yourself being on electric hook up all the time, we use a whistling kettle and the grill on our oven for toast, that way we can always make a cup of tea if we need to stop on a long journey.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
I like to use the EHU for as much as possible if included in pitch fee. Otherwise I will have pitch without electric and use gas. I did assume the OP was asking about electric versions as he mentioned toaster.

Upvote 0

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
I like to use the EHU for as much as possible if included in pitch fee. Otherwise I will have pitch without electric and use gas. I did assume the OP was asking about electric versions as he mentioned toaster.
there as been a few toaster variations for use on gas rings . have a few here . but a proper gas grill is the answer.
best not use campsites so no ehu.
and a nice shiny whistling kettle is a real uk item.
polish them always . it annoys the germans and the dutch.
its a game . play it but it does annoy them .
they like painted whistling kettles .
plus they cant have a gas grill , not allowed . thats why best not buy a foreign conversion .

Upvote 0
Aug 2, 2017
South Kent Coast.
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2004
Upvote 0
Jun 16, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hymer CL 554
Exp
Since May 2014
Whistling kettle and a toast rack that does one slice at a time really quickly. We used to use an electric toaster & kettle but it took so much room up on the service it got annoying.

Reactions: Pia
Upvote 0

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
yes its amazing how many comment about english having old fashioned shiny kettles .
even more if you have bound the handle with cord to stop the handle feeling hot.
always look on car boot sales for them . its like english heritage .
sounds daft i know but its like they never had them .

Upvote 0

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
We just use the grill for toast and a whistling gas kettle
Brian & Jo

Upvote 0

Cleve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 27, 2015
France
Funster No
MH
Hymer 654
I know I am going to regret this but

What is a skillet?

Helen has no grill and I have had no toast since April. If a skillet will let me have toast I need to buy one before I return to France hopefully next week.

Over the last over 100 plus days away I have discovered that I only need 1 saucepan and 1 frying pan to do everything I need (I noted above doing toast in a frying pan). I am here for hopefully a week at the most and if a skillet is the answer to do my toast then I need to get out an buy one pronto.

Please note: This Ipad knows more about cooking than I do (something I think the ladies who have dumped me int the past never really appreciated), I know nothing about cooking at all. You cannot imagine number of baguettes I have got through over the last few months and I am getting heartily sick of salads believe you me!

I will take cover now, Clive

Upvote 0

mid4did

Free Member
Sep 29, 2012
N.somerset
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp R 655 GT
Exp
started in a minivan 1970's when I could fit into it.
I'm in the market for one and would you believe they are available cheaper locally,weston s mare, than on the internet.Sign up to their regular customer scheme get a card and get even more discount,others are available at a cheaper price.
Davan just off junc 21 m5.

Also have the shiny whistling gas kettle but when on EHU why waste gas. (y)

Upvote 0

Pia

Free Member
Jan 16, 2017
staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral Supreme 680ST
Exp
I'm in the market for one and would you believe they are available cheaper locally,weston s mare, than on the internet.Sign up to their regular customer scheme get a card and get even more discount,others are available at a cheaper price.
Davan just off junc 21 m5.

Also have the shiny whistling gas kettle but when on EHU why waste gas. (y)
We have one of these, they are very good, but don't carry it now as we use the gas and a whistling kettle:D

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back