Best in benidorm (1 Viewer)

Feb 2, 2019
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Pilote G740C
Exp
Know what you mean, seems to be mandatory to have it barking all day when anyone walks past. This year they really pushed the boat out and treated us to a continuously barking dog all night until the owners came home. I left a note under their door handle and they left early the next morning 😊👏
And they left on the strength of your note? :LOL::LOL::unsure:
I think it's always best to just try and talk to someone first. They may not have known their dog gets stressed to that extent and appreciated you letting them know?

They may also have done the off because they felt intimidated by the anonymous note.

Alternatively they could have told you to do one, but at least that gives you the option as to whether you want to tolerate their dog

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Villasol at the moment has no entertainment on due to some local restrictions.
But beer is 1 euros a pint in happy hour or 150 after.
They take asci and also caravan and camping club cards.
20 euro per night with 4 kw leccy per night.
I'm considering overwintering again in Benidorm. However, it's been several years (maybe more) since we did this and I'm trying to get my head around the average lecce costs for a couple in a M'home. The last time we were there the general consensus was to run the fridge from a spanish propane bottle and use gas where possible for cooking and boiling kettle. Saving lecce for lighting, television and occasional use of an oil fired heater first thing in the morning. (and perhaps after the sun goes down for a couple of hours in the evening ?
My understanding is that the current situation :)giggle:) with ACSI is 4KW free per day and I'm trying to remember what campers were paying each month for there lecce bil. Can any of you more recent funsters who have overwintered there give an estimate. I'm guessing around 50-100 € a month !

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
I'm considering overwintering again in Benidorm. However, it's been several years (maybe more) since we did this and I'm trying to get my head around the average lecce costs for a couple in a M'home. The last time we were there the general consensus was to run the fridge from a spanish propane bottle and use gas where possible for cooking and boiling kettle. Saving lecce for lighting, television and occasional use of an oil fired heater first thing in the morning. (and perhaps after the sun goes down for a couple of hours in the evening ?
My understanding is that the current situation :)giggle:) with ACSI is 4KW free per day and I'm trying to remember what campers were paying each month for there lecce bil. Can any of you more recent funsters who have overwintered there give an estimate. I'm guessing around 50-100 € a month !
When the 4kw free allowance applied we didn't have to pay any extra. The fridge uses about 3 and we just had a mains fan and TV extra.
Torreta now charges 40c/kwh with nothing included. Some ACSI sites will include it further out of town though. Fridge uses about 250g of LPG per day now so it's cheaper to use that, the other things use solar. Think our last electric bill was about €1.20 for the hairdryer, I fitted a manual changeover switch for that 👍

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
I reckon if you can afford a motorhome and afford to drive it to Spain the cost of leccy isn't going to break the bank too much,,BUSBY..😃

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
I reckon if you can afford a motorhome and afford to drive it to Spain the cost of leccy isn't going to break the bank too much,,BUSBY..😃
Why do you think that? If you've spent all your savings on a van you'll have to watch what you're spending.
I love a bargain, if I was a millionaire I'd still be tight 😍😂

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
We normally spend 7 or 8 weeks on Villasol Oct/Dec and run our fridge off electric. We pay the ACSI rate and normally our “extra” bill is zero or a max of €10 but the time we went after Christmas and left on 1st March after only 6 weeks we had to pay over €80 . That was the year of the Beast from the East and it had been cold and miserable so hadn’t been out and about as much. We’d used the heating on gas and electric.

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
We normally spend 7 or 8 weeks on Villasol Oct/Dec and run our fridge off electric. We pay the ACSI rate and normally our “extra” bill is zero or a max of €10 but the time we went after Christmas and left on 1st March after only 6 weeks we had to pay over €80 . That was the year of the Beast from the East and it had been cold and miserable so hadn’t been out and about as much. We’d used the heating on gas and electric.
Thanks Babe, This is really helpful. Keep safe, Back to lurking for me !

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
A 13 kg bottle of Spanish propane cost 15 euros delivered to the van as an exchange.we ran the fridge off gas and electric was mainly 12 v as plenty of solar power.our on site leccy bill on Toretta was around 4 to 5 euros per month.They have hot showers and hot water for clothes/ pot washing .You can also fill a bucket with hot water and take back to the van if you want to . (y)

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
A 13 kg bottle of Spanish propane cost 15 euros delivered to the van as an exchange.we ran the fridge off gas and electric was mainly 12 v as plenty of solar power.our on site leccy bill on Toretta was around 4 to 5 euros per month.They have hot showers and hot water for clothes/ pot washing .You can also fill a bucket with hot water and take back to the van if you want to . (y)
Thanks Jim, Its not gone up much over the years as best as I can recall. Just need to beg, borrow or steal a 13Kg bottle if and when we get to Beni. We managed to borrow one of some kind Villasol permanent residents tha last time. I suspect the campsite has changed substantially since our last visit. I bet the WiFi is still crap even after all these years!

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Thanks Jim, Its not gone up much over the years as best as I can recall. Just need to beg, borrow or steal a 13Kg bottle if and when we get to Beni. We managed to borrow one of some kind Villasol permanent residents tha last time. I suspect the campsite has changed substantially since our last visit. I bet the WiFi is still crap even after all these years!
Shame your not closer as I have a spare bottle you could borrow,,BUSBY.

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
You can hire one from Malcolm on Toretta for10 euros ,when you have finished he buys it back for 10 e. The gas is cheaper at the depot 13.5 e or there abouts but for 15 delivered it's a no brainer. (y)

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Going at Easter 2021
I don't think you will be........................however, if things change, the advice is the same as that given in the previous posts. (y)

Cheers,

Jock. :)

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
To be fair Jock, the post was made last year :rofl: :rofl:
I was well aware of that before I posted Jim, but as the thread has been resurrected, recent Government advice which may become law definitely prevails. I don't think any of us will be going anywhere across the water this year, certainly not in holiday mode. ;)

Cheers,

Ukbandit

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 8, 2014
Barnsley, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker
Exp
Since 2012
I managed to go this year, not planning on going again this year, looks like we’ve been given no option now. Not planning for this next winter at all now, I don’t think it will be any better in my opinion.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Not planning for this next winter at all now, I don’t think it will be any better in my opinion.
I agree with you Graham, so I think we can say goodbye to our German trip to the Mosel in September, and probably Spain too for Jan - March 2022. :(

Cheers,

OP
OP
russ the rambler
Dec 31, 2016
southampton
Funster No
MH
Hobby Toskana 750
Exp
Since 2019
I was well aware of that before I posted Jim, but as the thread has been resurrected, recent Government advice which may become law definitely prevails. I don't think any of us will be going anywhere across the water this year, certainly not in holiday mode. ;)

Cheers,

thanks for the clarification...were you worried that i might accidentally drive onto the ferry by mistake?:giggle:

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
As my informant said before christmas "you're looking at 3 to 4years. "

OP
OP
russ the rambler
Dec 31, 2016
southampton
Funster No
MH
Hobby Toskana 750
Exp
Since 2019
3 to 4 years before we are allowed back to spain...? i dont see why. Its a critical industry for them. They might even sort out the vaccine issue at some point this year

Jul 18, 2009
Manchester UK + Javea/Xabia Spain + Abu Dhabi
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
When the 4kw free allowance applied we didn't have to pay any extra. The fridge uses about 3 and we just had a mains fan and TV extra.
Torreta now charges 40c/kwh with nothing included. Some ACSI sites will include it further out of town though. Fridge uses about 250g of LPG per day now so it's cheaper to use that, the other things use solar. Think our last electric bill was about €1.20 fo
The big spenders....Spain needs you.... :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :LOL::ROFLMAO:

Mar 28, 2017
Lichfield, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
if you want a beach holiday

Playa Montroig

forget Benidorm. as much as I love it and have a house close by
Love this site but expensive and quite a bike ride to cambrills .

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back