best ideas for a camping shower (1 Viewer)

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
Stay in the uk and wait till it rains, (you won’t have to wait long) then go out in the rain, and have a pina colada at the same time ;)

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Besides the shower inside the van I also use a solar shower which I used on the yacht on hot days and a 12 volt one for washing down our bikes or shoes or wet suits / sandy feet.
Mine is like THIS ONE but with a straight forward cigar lighter connection which I plug in almost anywhere on the van, Garage or through a window.

This one is almost even better as it has a rechargable battery so you could use it away from the van even down on the beach.

Rechargable Shower dip it in the solar shower bag first thing in the morning heated elsewhere/cooker etc

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

tony dellar

Free Member
Sep 12, 2017
Funster No
I lived in a house in greece for years no electricity , 3/4 bucket of water , boil a gas kettle pour in to required temp use a saucepan to wet down wash and rinse off , pour the remains of bucket over your head , job done ! The house had a well so had to mind the water , bucket job uses around 9 ltr .

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
Years ago, when we lived in a house, we re-vamped our house bathroom, ripped out the bath & put a shower in.
Whilst all this was being done, we did it our selves evenings & spare time, so we used the Solar showers (we had two) filled with hot water from the tap. We hung them in a sheltered corner of our garden and showered out there! Worked a treat.
Luckily our garden wasn’t overlooked by any neighbours!
Tip: we’ve replaced the tiny shower head we have one our remaining Solar shower with a slightly bigger one-works better.

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
Just looked at Popeye’s post.
The Libberway Portable Camping Shower look like a good idea as you could use that in the toilet tent!
Use a bucket of hot water tho! :D

May 19, 2016
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
VW T30 hitop conversion
Exp
Since 2013
Bit off piste I know, but I've just bought a MudDaddy to wash off the dogs. I do have a shower hose from back of van but only cold water. This way I can heat water and use after beach trips etc. States water stays hot for couple of hours. Holds 5 litres but works under vacuum pressure. I haven't tried it yet but I'll probably try it for me too at some point. (Disinfecting between washes ).

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Bit off piste I know, but I've just bought a MudDaddy to wash off the dogs. I do have a shower hose from back of van but only cold water. This way I can heat water and use after beach trips etc. States water stays hot for couple of hours. Holds 5 litres but works under vacuum pressure. I haven't tried it yet but I'll probably try it for me too at some point. (Disinfecting between washes ).
Don't think 5L would be enough for a 'human' especially if washing hair and the flow looks very low ... however the feel of the brush might be rather nice! :D

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Besides the shower inside the van I also use a solar shower which I used on the yacht on hot days and a 12 volt one for washing down our bikes or shoes or wet suits / sandy feet.
Mine is like THIS ONE but with a straight forward cigar lighter connection which I plug in almost anywhere on the van, Garage or through a window.

This one is almost even better as it has a rechargable battery so you could use it away from the van even down on the beach.

Rechargable Shower dip it in the solar shower bag first thing in the morning heated elsewhere/cooker etc
We used exactly the same as @Popeye only home made out of a submersible I had in stock.
We had a baby bath we put a kettle of hot water into and cooled to a comfortable temp. Stood kids in bath and showered them, brill bit of kit.

bfb

Free Member
Jun 25, 2012
Aldershot
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
When I was using my VW Caravelle I bought a toilet tent from my local camping stockist and hung it on the open rear door and bought a battery shower from RING at Halfords. 25 ltr water container. Fill with 50/50 hot/cold water gives great shower twice. Used it for 4-5 years then bought a motorhome so now no problems.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
I have got a pump up shower system that we bought 20+ years ago to use in double toilet tents. just fill up to the line with hot water and pump up. then press the button on the shower head for a good shower. if the power of the jet drops, just pump the handle again

its now relegated to in the 4x4 for washing dirty dogs after a muddy walk

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
I have just found mine whilst clearing the Garage prior to Hab Check and it turns out it is FIAMMA. It has it's own waterproof bag for the shower head inside the draw string carry bag. Mine is in Grey.

s-l300.jpg

OP
OP
patricia the newbie
Jan 5, 2017
brinklow warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Romahome duo hylo
Exp
since 2016
I've been looking at a pump up system, my friend said the advantage of that system is your not relying on electricity in any way Ive been looking at the Hozelock system . I wondered if any of you have tried it or something similar ?

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I've been looking at a pump up system, my friend said the advantage of that system is your not relying on electricity in any way Ive been looking at the Hozelock system . I wondered if any of you have tried it or something similar ?
The problem with pump-up systems is that you're not going to get the pressure you want along with the length of time you need for showering, even with the quick shower method, so you'll either end up with a very low pressure shower that might last long enough, or you'll end up with a good water rate but it'll stop whilst you're still soapy! Having used manual pump system sprayers etc I certainly wouldn't want to rely on one for a shower, for washing hair or something like that they'd be fine but then you can use a washing-up bowl and beaker!

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
as above, i have exactly that fitted with a trigger release shower head. works great but limited to 7ltrs

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back