Best glue or adhesive for velcro ? (1 Viewer)

Wickolad

Free Member
Sep 10, 2013
Wickersley
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Newbie to MH, 20yrs+ Caravanning.
What are you wanting to bond it to? :)
That would obviously determine best adhesive choice.

Wickolad

Free Member
Sep 10, 2013
Wickersley
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Newbie to MH, 20yrs+ Caravanning.
Or, if its on a timber or laminates panel, screw and washer. :)

OP
OP
JimboT

JimboT

Free Member
Nov 6, 2013
Welwyn Garden City
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I'm a newbie
bond two velcro straps together one of my wind blind straps worn looking at cutting off the bond a new one onto old end bit.
Thanks
Jim

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
So what's the old end bit attached to? If it's the blind can you not stab-stitch it through, otherwise you may have to remove the old end bit, stick the new stuff onto the original fixing point but laminate (stick) or sew the Velcro itself to some sailcloth or some equally strong & suitable material (not necessarily actual fabric) first before you attach it to the attachment point IYSWIM? (cos otherwise the new bit will wear away at the same point, won't it?)

Pete's right though - I've used or rather Husband MkI did - Evostik to attach the 'stick' side of 'stick and sew' Velcro to both plastic and metal in a trailer tent to stop the inner tent sagging as it did with the OEM fabric ties.

Jan 27, 2013
Stamford
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 282
Exp
Seven plus years
So what's the old end bit attached to? If it's the blind can you not stab-stitch it through, otherwise you may have to remove the old end bit, stick the new stuff onto the original fixing point but laminate (stick) or sew the Velcro itself to some sailcloth or some equally strong & suitable material (not necessarily actual fabric) first before you attach it to the attachment point IYSWIM? (cos otherwise the new bit will wear away at the same point, won't it?)

Pete's right though - I've used or rather Husband MkI did - Evostik to attach the 'stick' side of 'stick and sew' Velcro to both plastic and metal in a trailer tent to stop the inner tent sagging as it did with the OEM fabric ties.
Yeah I'd say a sowing machine too

OP
OP
JimboT

JimboT

Free Member
Nov 6, 2013
Welwyn Garden City
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I'm a newbie
looks like will be replacing the whole bit now.
think its pot riveted on will have to find my pot rivet gun
thanks
Jim

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back