Best german supermarket before Denmark? (1 Viewer)

Feb 19, 2015
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout 2013
Exp
Since 2016
We are taking the Wischhafen -Glukstadt ferry into Denmark and wondered where was the best place nearby on the German end to stock up with food seeing the Danish prices are so high.
Anyone taken this route into Denmark?

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
If you use maps.me you can just type in the name of the supermarket and it will show you the ones in the area. For value for money just type in Lidl!

If you haven't downloaded maps.me perhaps next time you have good strong WiFi signal you could do it then. We wouldn't be without it on our travels, also the CamperContacts app. In the past 9 months of travelling we have used this almost exclusively to find some great places to stop, the majority of them free.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Jac Sprat
Feb 19, 2015
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout 2013
Exp
Since 2016
Thanks PhilG will look out for one
According to my research the danish prices don't look too bad now apart from eating out

PhilG

Free Member
Mar 8, 2016
leicester
Funster No
MH
euramobil 810
Exp
since birth
Thanks PhilG will look out for one
According to my research the danish prices don't look too bad now apart from eating out
You have loads , Aldi , Lidl, Netto, Penny Markt, Edeka , REWE, but you wont find many (if any huge places) as there tends to be many small local stores rather than ones like we have.

Also for beer , pop etc , usually there will be a Getrankmarkt (sp).. which is like a drinks cash and carry separate to the main supermarket , so keep your eye out for those.
Nothing opens on a sunday though , so don't expect to rock up anywhere and buy groceries , most garages will do fresh bread , and brotchen and the like ., but that's it

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Jac Sprat
Feb 19, 2015
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout 2013
Exp
Since 2016
Thanks