Best for Route Planning in Advance Sygic or Copilot on Android (1 Viewer)

Dec 30, 2014
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Since September 7th 2016
How easy is route planning in advance on Sygic or Copilot on an android tablet?
Cheers
Paul

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
I have had Sygic for Europe for a long time on my Android phones. It has gone through several name changes and many upgrades in that time, and they have always been free. Few years ago I put Copilot on as well because I wanted the US maps (we visit our daughter who lives there every year) and they were a lot cheaper. Within a couple of years a new version came out and they wanted me to pay again for it.

Personally I always found Sygic so much more intuitive. I could still use the older copilot when we were in the USA but I got so fed up with its quirky ways that a couple of years ago I bought the North America maps for Sygic instead when they were on special offer. So a long winded way of saying that I think Sygic is far the better.

Having said that we rarely if ever use either to route plan in advance. We would either look at a map ot use google maps on a large screen for that.

OP
OP
PaulB
Dec 30, 2014
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Since September 7th 2016
I have had Sygic for Europe for a long time on my Android phones. It has gone through several name changes and many upgrades in that time, and they have always been free. Few years ago I put Copilot on as well because I wanted the US maps (we visit our daughter who lives there every year) and they were a lot cheaper. Within a couple of years a new version came out and they wanted me to pay again for it.

Personally I always found Sygic so much more intuitive. I could still use the older copilot when we were in the USA but I got so fed up with its quirky ways that a couple of years ago I bought the North America maps for Sygic instead when they were on special offer. So a long winded way of saying that I think Sygic is far the better.

Having said that we rarely if ever use either to route plan in advance. We would either look at a map ot use google maps on a large screen for that.
Thanks @peterc10 I must admit that I had thought the maps were free as they are with HERE We Go. The trouble is neither site gives any indication of price of maps. Do you know how much Europe would be on the two apps?
Thanks
Paul

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Route planning, saving and recalling is easy in CoPilot but like all these apps or devices familiarity generally brings more satisfaction. One of the key reasons I prefer CoPilot to Sygic, and I have Truck licences for both, is the management of personal POI's. If you have a multi country collection like Archie's or Camper Contact you can install them as one file and group into CoPilot, with Sygic you have to split them into country groups and also process them through a Rupi converter before installing. Of course I have many other reasons for selecting CoPilot and they have been covered in many threads.

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Pricing for Sygic is here.

For Europe it is £16.49 or £19.99 with lifetime traffic. Ridiculously cheap considering my original western europe, which came on a CD, was £60 all those years ago. Personally, if I was buying again, I would go for the whole world offer at £24.99 or £29.99 with lifetime traffic

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back