Best Ferry to Ireland from UK (1 Viewer)

hessey

Free Member
Mar 10, 2010
Australia
Funster No
MH
rental
Exp
many years in several countries
We are planning a ferry crossing to Ireland from the UK in late August. What is the cheapest ferry / route.
:RollEyes::Blush:

sue1959

Free Member
Feb 11, 2010
Ireland
Funster No
Exp
non as yet, hired in Canada a couple of times. hope to buy in the next few years.
The only cheap route to Ireland is to cash in Tesco vouchers! A car and 3 passengers in july £350 without vouchers. We always fly over and rent a car in UK it works out cheaper!
They have a captive audience so can make a killing. Have you looked at going Liverpool-Dublin? might be cheaper different ferry company. My uncle ussed it once and got reduced rate asa he worked on the railway. It was, dont know about now, owned by the steamboat setup hence the rail connection.

Last edited:

barbt

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
KENT
Funster No
Exp
two
I had a look at this some time ago - from what I remember it's very cheap ( about £120 per person ) if you go really late at night from Pembroke. No trouble in the MH, we will just park up, sleep for a while, then get up and go on the ferry.
It's free for the dog - you can either leave him in the vehicle or book a kennel at no charge.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

sue1959

Free Member
Feb 11, 2010
Ireland
Funster No
Exp
non as yet, hired in Canada a couple of times. hope to buy in the next few years.
For an example I just looked up P&O 2 weeks 13 Aug-28 Aug Liverpool - Dublin sailing 9.30 am
2 Adults
2 children
campervan midsize and height

£278.00
This is a super economy fare so might be limited offer

Stena Line same as above £421 on fast ferry sailing midday

As said in previos posts £1 tesco voucher gets you £4 off the stena line fare.

Hope this is of some help

Sue

Last edited:

ginge61

Free Member
Oct 29, 2007
n/wales
Funster No
MH
c class/t25 vw
Exp
since noah was a lad lol
no cheep ferries to ireland ,the isle of man ,scotish islands???,anywhere uk seems to be expensive even the isle of wight , i wonder why maybe fuel costs etc etc one from italy to greece for around the same price , if they were cheeper would be better for us but as most goods go by road and ferry they are never short of coustomers , hope you find one

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
If you have air miles you can use for Irish ferries I got a quote for Pembroke/ Rosslare in June 4500 miles + £14.

Family Guy

Free Member
Nov 20, 2007
runcorn
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
since 2001
3 years in feb went Liverpool to Dublin rtn 8.5mtr motor home 2adults 3 kids all food drinks etc all for £88 keep trying to get a repeat doubt if ill ever get an offer that good again but keep checking for offers :thumb:

dealgan

Free Member
Oct 23, 2007
Donegal, Ireland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2006
Irish sea is the most expensive sea crossing in Europe, apparently.

It's either to keep us Irish in, or keep everyone else out. :winky:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back