Best data sim for Spain? (1 Viewer)

Feb 11, 2017
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740FC
Exp
Looking for advice on best PAYG data sim for Spain. We have a 3 PAYG which will of course work there, but I’m concerned about its fair use limitations and the throttling to 9 Gb a month. We’re currently in Portugal and have been buying the MEO 15 day/30Gb/15€ cards, but staff in Phone House reckon using it in Spain will use the data very quickly. I’m not sure why, with the EU roaming policy, but details hard to establish in their English (not to mention my non-existent Portuguese.)

Added to which it is brilliant having good 4g connectivity!

So, we’ll be going into Spain in a few days and I wondered if anyone could advise on best current data sim deals, PAYG. Last time we checked, the majority were very low data allowances- max 2 Gb. We’d really want min 5Gb for 14 days. The people in Phone House thought Orange Spain may have a reasonable deal, but any advice welcome.

Thanks.

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
Simyo check that out

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
After researching I found Portugal to be better and cheaper with their data. Spain was quite expensive. I finished a. Contract with three because I was paying£25for 30gb but could only use 12gb of it abroad.Its a lot faster now though than it was. No throttling any more since the new rules

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
S
Feb 11, 2017
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740FC
Exp
Thanks for replies - Sod’s law of course- we bought one yesterday after finding that roaming on our existing Portuguese one (MEO) was very flaky. Research online had suggested Movistar ‘s Twenti tariff would be a good deal - €6 for 3Gb - but after an interminable wait in the shop (is there any closer approximation to hell than a network phone shop?) we found this only applies after you’ve bought a sim for €30 with 3Gb!

Went next door to Orange - €15 for 5Gb, which seems to be working fine.

Thanks, ukbill, for Simyo suggestion - I didn’t see a shop for them.

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
No you get the sim from most shops,its backed by orange,i never use main shops,there limited to the deals,and always steer u to their products,

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back