Best Club to Join? CCor the other one? (1 Viewer)

Camping Gaza

Free Member
May 7, 2016
La Châtre, Centre-Val de Loire France
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Low profile
Exp
Converted a Fiat Ducato PV a while back
Title says it all really? whats the best for a rookie motorhomer soon to pick up his first van end of this month? This club membership info needed is because I said I was a member of a club for my MOHO insurance. and ill join the right one based on your expert knowledge. Mainly going to be travelling in europe

So what is best folks? CC or C&CC???

Cheers, Gary

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
C&CC for me, as a solo elderly traveller it is far cheaper. I am not renewing my membership with the CC,

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Camping Gaza

Camping Gaza

Free Member
May 7, 2016
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Low profile
Exp
Cheers for that looks like you can only join by post tho,... seems all a bit old fashoned looking at their website too. So which one then folks CC or CandCC? Which ones better for Cheap and quiet sites? and No BS?

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
I'd ask your insurers how much you save by being a member of either.
Both are expensive to join and expensive to stay.
Britstops may be an option to consider
Happy travels !

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
We are members of the CC and do use them regularly ! They do small 5van sites called CLs which are cheaper . We like them but many on here have other opinions!!

Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
Have been a member of both for many years including 25 years with the Caravan Club. However we have not rejoined the Caravan Club only the Camping Club. Mainly because we use a few of the Temporary Holiday Sites of the Camping Club which are reasonable. Also we have Motorhome, car and house insurance with them.

Bluemooner

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 30, 2012
Ribble Valley
Funster No
MH
Dreamseeker Fifth Wheel
Exp
4 years
We are a member of both and like both of them the cc membership pays for it self with savings on the toll road

OP
OP
Camping Gaza

Camping Gaza

Free Member
May 7, 2016
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Low profile
Exp
Mixed bag so far, The MCC looks great, but not to be able to stuff on line, that's now a non starter which is a real shame so someone on here who's in, why not give them a bit of feedback. Of course may be exactly what they want of course, selective membership.

CC seems to get a bit of bad press all round on here, but I love the CL sites idea.

C&CC is cheaper and seems like has lots of "defectors" from CC....... Choice??? Oh my, what's a girl to do?...

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
We have belonged to both for years and each have had sites where we have wanted them in the past. They both have faults and are getting less like clubs and more like business ventures. We are about to add the MCC to the list to see what they are like. Membership of any of them is not expensive and worth it for the benefits that they bring plus access to the sites and CL's. They are also lobbyists for the benefit of campers of all sorts.

Derbyshire wanderer

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 30, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
15 years
The MCC only needs the postal joining for the first time then it's DD. I also was put off by this but once joined have never thought that we did not get good use of it in the last 5 years membership.
Best value by far and the meetings are usually turn up if and when you like and I have never paid more than £12 a night and that's sometimes including professional entertainment (y)
I am also in the CC but every year have to think hard about renewing but usually do as they have a site that is very useful for our plans.
I have thought about the CCC but they have many sites that you HAVE TO book 2 or 3 days so overnight stopovers are impossible.

Feb 26, 2012
Funster No
MH
coach
Exp
Motorhome since 2006 (caravanning 38yrs)
We have belonged to both for years and each have had sites where we have wanted them in the past. They both have faults and are getting less like clubs and more like business ventures. We are about to add the MCC to the list to see what they are like. Membership of any of them is not expensive and worth it for the benefits that they bring plus access to the sites and CL's. They are also lobbyists for the benefit of campers of all sorts.
I agree with you all the way. Each of the big two provide what we have always wanted.
CLs through the CC but their Club Site fees put us off using them very often.
Temp Hols Sites and Weekend Meets with the C&CC are always good value. Age concession on C&CC Club sites makes them far cheaper than CC but they are becoming more regimented these days with which way you may pitch. You use to be able to pitch at right angles, but not anymore.

Brian

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
Neither of them I though Adolf died in his bunker, not reproduced by the busload for use in other places. Some private sites are even worse.

Dec 22, 2013
Teesside
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt low profile
Exp
since 2011
We are in the caravan club and a major problem for people who work is being able to book sites for the weekend as most are fully booked (I take it there are a few who still work) mid week is not so bad. The only way to find out what is best is to try it for a year.

RogerThat

LIFE MEMBER
May 20, 2016
North West
Funster No
MH
PVC
I've only been motorhoming for twelve months and joined both originally to see which one was 'best', with a view to only renewing one this year.

Turns out, I just renewed them both!

I prefer C&CC, for some of the reasons above, but also as above the toll road savings from CC mean the membership literally pays for itself (I use that road a lot!).

Neckender

Free Member
Oct 15, 2007
Neckend or North Wales.
Funster No
MH
VW T6.1Kombi day Van
Exp
Since 2004
We joined the CCC last month as we turned 66years old and so our travel ins reduced to 30 days travelling, the CCC insurance give us 90 days.
Also if aged 55 and over there is a discount on their site bookings.

John

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
Please note the age concession applies at age 60 not 55. It was 55 until a couple of years ago, and if you already had this concession when the age was amended your eligibility was maintained. The discount is 25% during low/mid season and does make a considerable difference. I will be at Teversal site in the next couple of weeks and the charge for this top notch site on hardstanding with EHU is under £13 per night. Better value than a lot of THS and CL's.

madgeD

Free Member
Aug 17, 2014
Cleveland
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
since 2005
We were members of both but dropped cc as they seem to get booked up weeks in advance, we are still CCC members but have only used two of their sites this year the rest we have come across on our travels , we called at one on speck but felt distinctly unwelcome as we hadn't booked ahead and were told No room , we paid £64 at Rosemarkie for two nights because it was a few days before a bank holiday, I'm very tempted to drop them as well, but the books are handy and so are the cost. Sorry not much help , but why don't you have a year without any of them then decide ? You will have saved £47 in the process.
I use my iPad with Parkstops a lot. CamperContact app.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
We are in CC and C&CC and the MCC, you can join the MCC at the Caravan and Motorhome show at the NEC Birmingham in the middle of October if you are going, or at one of their meets if you just turn up.

We use the CC for ferry bookings as we always get a good price but we do live further North than you so do the longer crossings so more to save. The C&CC put on temporary holiday sites which are great value and the MCC meets are good in that you usually don't need to book with them so you can make it a last minute, just turn up weekend.

Really it depends on what you want out of the club that you join.

Martin

Oct 18, 2014
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B598 PL
Exp
Since 2013
C&CC for camping in the forest & 10% discount on the eurotunnel :)

beejay

Free Member
Aug 20, 2016
West Dorset
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Newbies, now have a Chausson Flash 08
I've just been looking at the CC&C website, they have 2 ways to join, on line is cheaper by £6 than paper membership. Does anyone know if content can be downloaded and printed? As we're both over 60 thought we'd join to take advantage of low season discounts but do all sites honour this?

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
WE USED TO BE IN BOTH BUT DROPPED CCC after visiting a cs with about 15 vans packed on a back garden we use c/ls but never full sites. We have used a couple of cs's where we said we were about to renew and got away with it!! Compared to the cost of the motorhoime I would get both for a year and see what suits you but do try pub stops etc too.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back