Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Spain

Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
J

jacko

Deleted User
Who do you think has the best campsitesin Europe ouit of the following?

France
UK
Germany
Spain

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
That's a hard question to answer.. one man's 'best' will be another's worst nightmare.

UK: sites are good but too expensive, but has a great selection of CL sites.
France and Germany: the most motorhome friendly with their network of aires, municipals and stellplatz.
Spain: has some great sites but they tend to be crowded in high season and again expensive and has few 'aires'.

I would vote in this order.

1st France
2nd Germany
3rd UK
4th Spain

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Best for what? Partying all night, a bit of peace & quiet, or near to places of interest. Cleanliness, Friendliest, best price. Sites are just too different to ask which countries are "best".

I have stopped on remote mountain Spanish sites in the mountains where the only life seemed to be the soaring birds of prey above, by contrast I have been on Spanish sites where families sang and played football till 2am. I have been on British sites where I have literally wanted to murder the warden, and others who were so nice it was almost uncomfortable. I have been on French sites where the owners have been rude and racist, and others where they have bent over backwards to ensure we enjoyed our stay.

If you asked which country was most sympathetic to the needs of the motorhomer, I would say...

1. France
2. Germany
joint 3rd UK & Spain

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 1, 2007
Billingham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2003
I agree with Jim but in my opinion the sites in France are slightly better than the others (and there seems to be one in most towns).

Ralph

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back