LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
I bought the Bord Atlas books from Vicarious Books for our Germany trip

https://www.vicarious-shop.com/Reise-Mobil-Bord-Atlas-2017-Stellplatze-Germany-BordAtlas2017.html

There are 2 books, one for Germany and one for rest of Europe. I used them extensively both in Germany, Holland, France and Belgium. They are in German though......
This year I also bought the Camper Contact app but I still prefer a book with maps to the app even though I am quite happy with apps in general.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Andrew Lee

Andrew Lee

Free Member
Apr 7, 2017
hindley, wigan
Funster No
MH
Frankia 730
Exp
Hi Thanks so far
How does camper contact app work please when in Europe. Is it for all of Europe.

Thanks also annie but I still have to learn to read German so that one is a no go.

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
If you prefer to use a book i have used the 'Camperstop' book in the past and found it met my needs.
Mike
https://www.vicarious-shop.com/Camperstop-Europe-2017-ISBN9789076080505.html

Just a 'Heads Up' for the actual Publishers of this book, Facile Media. I believe they sell the book direct and cheaper.
In fact, with any book, do your homework on where to buy it. There are wide variations, and, as the advert says, Every little bit helps.

Pia

Free Member
Jan 16, 2017
staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral Supreme 680ST
Exp
Books are heavy and........... the Campercontact App is excellent!!

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Hi Thanks so far
How does camper contact app work please when in Europe. Is it for all of Europe.

Thanks also annie but I still have to learn to read German so that one is a no go.
It is for the whole of Europe. If you get the paid for app you can download all the info so it will work even if you do not have internet. The app shows all of the aires and campsites close to you. Can be shown as a list or on a map. You can also search for ones further afield. Click on each site and you will get all its info.

You can get the same information for free at Camper Contact's website, by using their search facility. But you will need an internet connection to do that.

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
I have campercontact but the app is not free. You can download a free demo version to try but it only has a very small number of sites. It costs about £5 per year for the full version. Well worth it though.

Sorry yes you're right
It's only free for satnav download.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Seeing as no one else has mentioned it I might as well weigh in with my old favourites , www.searchforsites.co.uk is really all you need but as a backup park4night is just as good , both updated regularly and free to boot(y):)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back