LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
So we finally arrived in Santander for a ferry that did not materialise. But thats another story. Having got to Santander 2 days early for the ferry, just in case we had any problems. We headed for an Aire 30 kms outside the port for a couple of days rest.
How many Aires are in a wildlife park ???. Elephants, Giraffes, Water buffalo, Bears, just to name a few. The Aire is free, and in the middle of a tiny village with 4 restaurants. Water and dump available with more than enough room for Lord Smudge to turn around and park up. It says 48 hours are allowed, but am not sure if anyone is counting. For those catching a Santander ferry the Aire is in the village of Cabarceno and the wildlife park can be viewed from the Aire, but we did take the camper in and did the full tour in the camper, stopping for a picnic. there are over 30 kms of tarmac roads in there with just about every animal you can imagine roaming around in enclosures. The best aire I have ever been on :thumb:.

Attachments

• Road home 019.jpg
    Road home 019.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 129
  • Road home 015.jpg
    Road home 015.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 113
  • Road home 004.jpg
    Road home 004.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 104
  • Road home 011.jpg
    Road home 011.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 106
  • Road home 014.jpg
    Road home 014.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 99
Aug 30, 2012
Home of the war horse
Funster No
MH
burstnar T640
Exp
We stopped in march on way home form morroco just for 1 night ended up for 3 and did park tour in van stayed in for 9 hours best bit was bears feeding Time nearly as bad as bacon buttie time at a fun meet
Highly recommended

Deleted User
Pray tell what became of the ferry?

We are booked on the LD lines Gijon - St. Nazaire tomorrow !!

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
First time we'd ever used an Aire and we didn't know what to expect. Drove into the village follwing the Camping Car signs, turned a corner and there was a camel tied to a give way sign ! The circus was in town and were using the Aire. We stayed the night and watched the jugglers and acrobats rehearsing. Did consider the electric hook up mind, the circus folks had taken the cover off a lamp post and had spliced in a heavy duty extension lead :roflmto:

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Pray tell what became of the ferry?

We are booked on the LD lines Gijon - St. Nazaire tomorrow !!

It was broken down somewhere. They did not know when it was going to be fixed, so we just ran up to Calais. All in a days fun :thumb:.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Deleted User
Was that the LD lines boat? I seem to remember you looking at their crossings earlier in the year.

Deleted User
Just looked on their website and it says all services running to schedule.

They did contact me about a month ago to tell me the timetable had been altered,should have sailed tonight, so they have my contact details.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back