best account (1 Viewer)

dreamlander

Free Member
Jul 13, 2008
Funster No
Hi All,
Is nationwide still the best account for withdrawing money in europe, we are planning to winter in either Greece or portugal for the first time in Jan/March 2010,and trying to decide which Bank/Building society is best.

Thanks in anticipation
Colin

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I think they still offer the best deals and i am sure that withdrawals overseas are still free. You'd better check though,things change fast in the banking world these days:Smile:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Abbey dont charge for withdrawals/ foreign transaction fees at Santander cash machines throughout spain:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

flybird

Free Member
Aug 7, 2008
Funster No
I came back from France 2 weeks ago and I havn't been charged on my nationwide debit card and I got 1.17 euros.

Dreamchaserrv

Free Member
Jan 31, 2008
Wherever we park
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
9 Years
Nationwide is excellant have been using it in Spain France and Portugal for 5 years no problems . Money is withdrawn at bank rate and not at tourist rates. Credit card also gives cash reward when used.:thumb::thumb:

algill

Free Member
Dec 12, 2007
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel
Exp
Since 2007
Nationwide have started charging for countries outside europe - bad news for us as we spend most summers in Canada and have always used their card :cry:

Looks like you are still okay in Europe :thumb:

Link Removed

twooks

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Funster No
I think they're getting fed up with 'freeloaders' who only use the services intermittently. I understand they are now more reluctant to offer services unless you are a 'proper' member. may have something to do with the hassle over credit crunch backlash.
We've been members of Nationwide for years, use their services and they consistently give best rates on both credit and debit cards, always been impressed with their service and customer care.

:Cool:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back