bessecar 560 automatic 3 litre (1 Viewer)

happychicky66

Free Member
Jul 23, 2013
new galloway
Funster No
MH
white one lol
Exp
anyone got any tips on this van im a :Eeek:newbie and i am thinking about it could do with advice its 2008 model any help appreciated

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
We have a 2008 E560 , though it's the 2.3, loads of power so I can imagine what the 3 litre is like. The layout suits us perfectly and that's what its all about. Had ours from new and still with us after 33,000 miles. Had a few little problems but apart from the gearbox nothing major ( 3 litre didn't have the judder ).

Rgds
Bill

Upvote 0

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
the 3.0 litre engine is great, really powerful and shifts a big van like you were driving a car. points to note though are water ingress into the engine bay (easily fixed) and if manual the clutch costs a fortune to replace (£1200 for me recently, or £1600 at main dealer) any sign its slipping get it changed before purchase

what an idiot i am ::bigsmile:oh just reread its an auto lol

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Upvote 0

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
Box is the main thing to watch for, they have the Chysler unit (62te IIRC) which had issues with seals, and 2-4 gear, and 1/Reverse failures. There are upgrade kits available to combat this.

The mileage you will be doing, I doubt you will have too many issues with it! If you do, look at getting the upgrade kit fitted as this solves many issues. They replace the gears, change metal oil seals for teflon ones and alot more besides.

Don't worry though - if you want peace of mind, make sure the warranty covers the gearbox and extend it if need be. Most dealer warranties will cover a box rebuild - they won't cover a clutch, so auto is the right way to go!:thumb:

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back