Bessacarr/ Sevel Three, spares list , (1 Viewer)

Corky 8

Free Member
Oct 28, 2007
South West Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
off and on since the 70 s
just found out my headlight bulbs are Main Beam H5 Dip Beam H1 NOT H4 as printed in Fiat Owners hand book ,Ducato 2004 2.8jtd, are there any more surprizes like this to come . how do I get my radio to stay on when ignition is turned off ? I dont seem to have an Acc , as when the key is in the ACC position the warning lights for the oil, battery etc are still on,any advice. Corky:Angry:

SwiftGroup

Free Member
Jan 10, 2008
Funster No
Radio

just found out my headlight bulbs are Main Beam H5 Dip Beam H1 NOT H4 as printed in Fiat Owners hand book ,Ducato 2004 2.8jtd, are there any more surprizes like this to come . how do I get my radio to stay on when ignition is turned off ? I dont seem to have an Acc , as when the key is in the ACC position the warning lights for the oil, battery etc are still on,any advice. Corky:Angry:

I have some information about the radio.

There are 2 supplies to the back of the radio
A - Permanent
B - Switched with ignition

Cutting the switched supply(B) and replacing with a supply from "A" through a dashboard mounted switch, would allow use of the radio with the ignition key removed. See label on back of radio to identify connections.

The radio will consume power from the engine/traction battery.

The radio will continue to drain power even when switched off, so a dashboard mounted isolation switch would be required.

Hope this is helpful for you

Kath

OP
OP
Corky 8

Corky 8

Free Member
Oct 28, 2007
South West Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
off and on since the 70 s
Thanks For that Kath ,I have also found a link on another forum which connects the switching power to the main power feed and also has a feed from the Habitation /liesure battery with a diode inline and a remote switch in the habitation area., I intend to swap the fiat radio/cd for a face off Sony radio/cd which I had in my Caravan and which is a far better system , corky:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

allanbroderick42

Free Member
Oct 18, 2008
Funster No
radio

::bigsmile:
hi
just press in the on button and hold you should find it comes on with the ignition off works on mine.
cheers allan

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back