Bessacarr E560 /Ducato X250 Spare wheel carrier (1 Viewer)

kinsleyboy

Free Member
Dec 11, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E560
Exp
Oct 09
Thanks to answers to my previous post about Fiat Fix & Go system for tyre problems, I've decided I need an underslung spare wheel carrier & wheel for my Ducato X250 (2008 registration). The wheel size is 6Jx15 --H2 according to the Fiat handbook.
Other than the obvious possible source being Fiat themselves, does anybody know if Swift could supply me or anyone else for that matter?.

david price

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Bridgenorth
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
5 years
Try ringing swift,i am sure they would be more than willing to help.Just a thought but have you checked to see if there is a spare wheel carrier already under the chassis?
Dave

OP
OP
kinsleyboy

kinsleyboy

Free Member
Dec 11, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E560
Exp
Oct 09
Try ringing swift,i am sure they would be more than willing to help.Just a thought but have you checked to see if there is a spare wheel carrier already under the chassis?
Dave
Hi Dave,
Yes I've checked.....there is no spare wheel carrier there.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Wall-E

Free Member
Jan 21, 2009
Funster No
Hi Kinsleyboy,
There are a number of things to consider on this issue, (a) Loss of pay load, (b) is it possible to fit a wheel carrier underneath or have Swift used the space to fit some of their kit. (C) The X250 is closer to the ground than the previous Ducato, will you be able to get the wheel out from under with One flat rear wheel. A Front wheel flat, might not be as much a problem. (d) If you have to jack the van up to get the spare wheel out, would you be prepared to scrawl under the van using the supplied FIAT JACK. I think not!!. (e) More payload loss carrying an hydraulic trolley jack. The Alternative call out breakdown service or buy a Chausson Allegro 94 the spare is in the garage. I think Towtal at Stoke-on Trent will supply and fit an wheel carrier for you.
cheers Wall-E.

Peter James

Free Member
Dec 5, 2009
Funster No
If its the same as the Fiat commercial van you wouldn't need to crawl under the van to use the jack as it fits at the side.
The OE spare wheel carrier fitted to the van is easy to use, just wind the handle to release and lower / raise and secure, the spare wheel, no need to get underneath at all.

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back