Bessacarr E520 - How do I Remove the Inner Door Panel (1 Viewer)

Apr 10, 2017
Dunfermline
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E520
Exp
Since 2013
Does anyone know how to remove the inner door handle on the door? A previous correspondent advised that there is a screw behind the release handle but my model does not have one.

The photo needs to be rotated 90 degrees clockwise.

Thank you.

Alastair

tempImagecH400S.png

M-J

Jan 15, 2019
Cambridgeshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido 986F
Exp
Getting there!
After lots of searching this looks like the same handle in a different colour, not sure if the photo gives you any clues...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 20, 2010
Burry Port South Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2003
You need to remove the beige panel, which first requires the door grip handle to be removed, 2 set screws under the plastic covers. The panel is then held in position by plastic spigots which will need prising loose I used a plastic spatula to slowly work my way round the edge of the panel joint. (Edit: The panel may be held in position with several small lengths of Velcro instead of the spigots)
You will also need to pull loose the rubber door seal which is over the edge of the panel.
When the panel is loose you will need to disconnect 2 of the operating rods which are conected to the internal door handle mechanism by plastic clips one of which you can see on the photo in the previos post.
The panel then comes completely detached from the rest of the door.
I may have some old pics with the panel removed but they were of the Bessie which we sold 6 years ago, they may take a bit of digging out.
May I ask why are you taking the panel off, mine was off so often for different issues it would almost jump off if I whistled at it. :LOL:

Last edited:
OP
OP
AlastairH
Apr 10, 2017
Dunfermline
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E520
Exp
Since 2013
Thank you all for your comments.

I have checked behind the handle in the 'open' position but there is no screw that I can see.

The reason I need inside the door is to check/lubricate the locking mechanism. The door fails to unlock intermittently using the remote control. It always seems to lock though.

I am sure it is all very obvious once you get it all apart!

Regards,

Alastair

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
Thank you all for your comments.

I have checked behind the handle in the 'open' position but there is no screw that I can see.

The reason I need inside the door is to check/lubricate the locking mechanism. The door fails to unlock intermittently using the remote control. It always seems to lock though.

I am sure it is all very obvious once you get it all apart!

Regards,

Alastair
Does your door get its power from a loom, or contacts?
Ours is via contacts and very regularly needs them cleaning as the lock/unlock can be a bit hit and miss.

Jul 6, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic A clas
Exp
Since 1990
I've got the same inner door handle/lock. The body of the lock is held in place by a couple of U-shaped plastic shims. Remove these and the lock body will pass through the aperture in the plastic facia panel. Follow post #4 for removal of the facia panel.

Think your intermittent problem is probably caused by a fracture of the wire between door surround and door. That's why, in later models, they used spring loaded contacts between door frame and door.

Dec 30, 2015
Bury
Funster No
MH
Pilote G650L
Exp
Three years
You need to remove the beige panel, which first requires the door grip handle to be removed, 2 set screws under the plastic covers. The panel is then held in position by plastic spigots which will need prising loose I used a plastic spatula to slowly work my way round the edge of the panel joint. (Edit: The panel may be held in position with several small lengths of Velcro instead of the spigots)
You will also need to pull loose the rubber door seal which is over the edge of the panel.
When the panel is loose you will need to disconnect 2 of the operating rods which are conected to the internal door handle mechanism by plastic clips one of which you can see on the photo in the previos post.
The panel then comes completely detached from the rest of the door.
I may have some old pics with the panel removed but they were of the Bessie which we sold 6 years ago, they may take a bit of digging out.
May I ask why are you taking the panel off, mine was off so often for different issues it would almost jump off if I whistled at it. :LOL:
Simple as that eh? :LOL:

OP
OP
AlastairH
Apr 10, 2017
Dunfermline
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E520
Exp
Since 2013
I've got the same inner door handle/lock. The body of the lock is held in place by a couple of U-shaped plastic shims. Remove these and the lock body will pass through the aperture in the plastic facia panel. Follow post #4 for removal of the facia panel.

Think your intermittent problem is probably caused by a fracture of the wire between door surround and door. That's why, in later models, they used spring loaded contacts between door frame and door.
Sorry, Wagoneer. I don't understand how the door handle is held in place. I removed the screws on the grab handle but the panel is held fast by the release handle. Do I have to try and release the panel first before releasing the handle?

You make a good observation about the cable though. The cable on my door was far too short and the door would often be caught by the wind and tug on the cable, despite the so called 'stop' on the top of the door. I have eased out some more cable to help but it could well be that the conductor in the cable is broken. If I could get inside the door I would replace it!

Thanks again.

Alastair

Jul 6, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic A clas
Exp
Since 1990
Sorry, Wagoneer. I don't understand how the door handle is held in place. I removed the screws on the grab handle but the panel is held fast by the release handle. Do I have to try and release the panel first before releasing the handle?

It's quite a few years ago that I removed the door handle from the inner panel.....so memory a bit vague.

However, I do distinctly remember the 2 U-shaped plastic shims which hold the door handle to the inner panel. Maybe, the plastic shims are on the inside of the panel ? The 2 shims match the outer profile of the door handle. Each shim is moved horizontally outwards to release the door handle.

The smaller inner panel is held in place by a number of industrial velcro pads (along the curved edge). The vertical edge is held in place by the outer rubber door seal.

Suggest you release the smaller inner panel first. This should give you sufficent access to the rear of the door handle to observe how it is attached to the panel. Best of luck.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back