Bessacarr E465 layout.....HELP! (1 Viewer)

Ains-campers

Free Member
Nov 2, 2015
Lancaster UK
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr
Exp
bought our first ever motorhome in January 2016, what a dream she's fab!
Does anyone know how to configure a U-shaped lounge into a bed? After spending an hour making do and to save heading towards the divorce courts, still with no joy! We've also had our friend's have a look and try today and were all still none the wiser. If anyone has previously had a Bessacarr or got any advice or even better, photos to help this would be greatly appreciated.

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
Sorry We couldn't solve your problem Kevin, I have faith that some Bessie owner will be along to help out.
Sleeping in the Luton tonight should be entertaining - we will see how you are feeling tomorrow morning!!!

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Don't know your layout but our caravan had pull out slats. At the back of the seating area you should see a bar running between the seating area. Ours was about 50mm deep, pull it towards you and a series of slats will be pulled out of a storage area then drop down the cushions to make big bed up.(y)

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
Thanks for responding guys, the problem that @ Ains-campers has isn't with the slats, that was easy, but the configuration of the cushions is the issue. Try as we might we can't get them to fit together. Have tried using the seat backs etc but no joy.
Still open to suggestions!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
We had exactly the same prob in our Bessie ! Not the same model but clearly the same prob. Slats were fine. But cushions? Clueless and we've both had caravans and neither of us is completely daft.

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
Thanks again guys, not sure if there is a missing cushion as the van was bought from a car sales garage who were pretty clueless about MH's, there certainly isn't one in any of the cupboards etc as we have been over it like a rash!!!
The boys were trying the Luton bed out last night so when we see them today will find out how they got on. The solution so far being considered is to have one inset piece made up and just store in the overcab.
Have had a great weekend with Ains-campers, living the dream through the eyes of MH virgins has been both a laugh and a joy. Can't wait for the next episode!!!

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Just had a google and came up with this image from a 2007 model where the backs are used but crossways, rather than longitudinal.

Link Removed

You could join the Swift forum and ask on there as the site is looked after by Swift's technical staff so will probably be able to tell you, it sounds though like you might have a cushion missing in which case you could try to get in touch with the previous owners and see if they've still got it stuck in the loft!

Link Removed

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
Thanks Mel, Swift is the next port of call for info and will mention the owners club to the lads. The van was previously owned by the garage it was bought from but had been in storage for sometime and never used. Not much chance of them having a cushion tucked away me thinks!! Believe me when I say we really did try the existing cushions in every conceivable position!!

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Thanks Mel, Swift is the next port of call for info and will mention the owners club to the lads. The van was previously owned by the garage it was bought from but had been in storage for sometime and never used. Not much chance of them having a cushion tucked away me thinks!! Believe me when I say we really did try the existing cushions in every conceivable position!!
Steady on ... some members on here might get ideas!! :X3:

OP
OP
Ains-campers

Ains-campers

Free Member
Nov 2, 2015
Lancaster UK
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr
Exp
bought our first ever motorhome in January 2016, what a dream she's fab!
Thanks everyone for your help. We've looked for missing cushions and even thought of possibly getting more. We've turned every which way possible, looked at the manual and online but I will defo have a look on the swift forum and have a play before our next trip in two weeks......part from that two singles will be fine

Anthony496

Free Member
Jul 18, 2015
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
I'm a newbie
Our bessacarr has two spare cushions that incert into the centre of the u shaped lounge bed to make up the rear double. If not using the rear bed they take up a fair bit of room in the wardrobe so I could understand someone removing them in favour of using the front bed.

StickyWicket

Free Member
Jan 29, 2014
Ashford, Kent
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
We had a Bessacar 454 and I had to take photos of the bed layout to ensure I could get them in the right order. I was sent these from Swift-Talk forum. Such a pain and the so called bed was a really poor design. Needless to say I haven't got that M/H anymore
BessacarrBed1.jpg
BessacarrBed2.jpg

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
8 cushions to make the bed up - ridiculous! I note you had the 'kit kat' and 'yorkie bar' ones!

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
We have the same problem with assembling the second bed in both our Burstner T660's.
A mysterious combination of cushions, odd shaped additional cushions and bits of wood inserts!
Considering how much time is spent designing a motor home surely they could come up with something simpler.
I'm grateful that we also have a fixed bed!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back