Bessacarr E425 and Swift Warranty our 2nd response (1 Viewer)

optima336

Free Member
Feb 5, 2008
Cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
I feel that I should respond in regards to the people and a few Dealers who have responded to my post of ” Swifts 3 year warranty” On our New Bessacarr E425, MHB803

The majority of the responses have been in agreement in some sort to what I have said in my post, and a few who feel that I have been a bit to heavy on Swift, and stringing things along ,so I feel it is only correct and honest to enlarge on this situation and to thank the few good dealers who have responded, you know who you are from the posts

Our Bessacarr E425 as I stated previously was collected From Marquise Motor homes (Northampton) on the 1st November 2007 and had a serious amount of defects showing up within a few days and others which Marquis service dept had not even bothered to rectify, (even though they are paid to do a correct PDI) in regards to the other defects which should have been picked up at the factory with swifts Supposedly Quality Control are:

The panel in the floor which was not even screwed down and vibrated off under the carpet and my foot went straight through the floor.(I had to secure it not Swift or Marquis) Swift deny any knowledge of this happening “but please read other members happening of this, as well as the bed breaking
Two rear windows where the securing window latches would not secure correctly.
The whole worktop had to be replaced because a large amount of glue was unable to be removed from the top.
Warped lower cupboard doors
Refusal to give customers the Key Code card along with their New Vehicle
We have a Horrible wind whistling noise coming from the area of the Fridge when we have either the drivers/passenger windows open more than 1-2 inches,(still not resolved) so it means that we cannot have either of the windows open Marquise told us to purchase window wind deflectors what a joke, this is a Swift problem.
A control panel which certainly will not do what it is supposed to do its just part of an expensive ornament (still not resolved)
A really bad creaking step which an attempt to cure by Marquis but is now back again
Upper Bed Slat Missing and grey anchor points broken (resolved), plus other things which were stated on their webpage as part of the vehicle (but were not).
And now having to look to see if I can stop the horrible black tarish marks down the side of the vehicle it seem looking at the join beading on the roof by the Luton that is very wavy and it looks like a 1/3rd of the beading is not even correctly sealed so god knows what’s happening up there.
The above is certainly the fault of Swifts lack of Quality Control within its production line and stems further I feel.
Other defects which had to be fixed ,Microwave (New One Fitted) replacement front carpet, Marquis Fitted A TV Ariel but did not fit it correctly, did not even connect it to the power even???..These faults are beside the Fiat problems on the vehicle.
We have had the rear bed support strut break in the past few weeks; we have a dealer who has agreed to try to get it under the warranty, When Marquis took our motor home away in regards o the defects they had it for 7 weeks, the rear bed broke a couple of weeks ago and will not be repaired for another month, so having our Vehicle for 5 months and unable to use it for 3 months, is not what I would call great service but Swift feels that this is acceptable to have to cancel breaks away because the bed breaks or warranty work
In response to a gentleman called peter who I think is part of Swift and who stated in a response and tried to turn it around by saying that he thinks I have lost the plot in regards to Swift and the Warranty.” Peter it’s certainly Swift who has lost it in regards to Customer Service. Warranty and Quality Control

Swift do Not have a Committed National dealer network it relies on the courtesy and helpfulness of its Dealers to carry out the warranty work “But cannot force any dealer to do the warranty work”, along with no warranty for battery, fridges,fires cookers etc it relies on the goodwill and guarantee of the manufacturers involved “ Part of an email from swift” (As there is no National Warranty Policy Agreement within the caravan industry and although The Swift Group will authorise any of our dealers or approved recognised service centres we cannot insist that the non-supplying dealer undertakes the work)
So it means that people are stuck with a bad dealer
I have been treated diabolically by Marquise, and Swift will not deal directly with its purchasers of its products, and really have lost a very committed customer, so I am putting a factual letter together for BBC Watchdog as I feel this should be given a wider audience, and Yes Swift I have certain knowledge in this field having spent 28 years in Sales and Marketing, having to retire early through ill health, what I have stated is Fact certainly not Fiction.

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Interesting,have you a link to the 1st responce?:Eeek:
terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
found it here
Link Removed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
''service dept had not even bothered to rectify, (even though they are paid to do a correct PDI)''

Sorry to hear of your problems, but reading the list 98% of your problems appear to lie at your dealers door.

Yes OK a perfect vehicle should leave the converter and arrive at the dealer, wish they did, would make our life a lot easier but thats what the Pre Delivery Inspection is there for.

-------------------------​

”, along with no warranty for battery, fridges,fires cookers etc it relies on the goodwill and guarantee of the manufacturers involved “

Again your dealer, who is in law obliged to rectify faults in the supplied goods, is responsible.

----------------------​

We offered in your previous post to help you, so have Swift and all you can do is slag Swift off......................

OP
OP
O

optima336

Free Member
Feb 5, 2008
Cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
"Thank you Johns Cross for shooting yourself in the foot"

''service dept had not even bothered to rectify, (even though they are paid to do a correct PDI)''

Sorry to hear of your problems, but reading the list 98% of your problems appear to lie at your dealers door.

Yes OK a perfect vehicle should leave the converter and arrive at the dealer, wish they did, would make our life a lot easier but thats what the Pre Delivery Inspection is there for.

-------------------------​

”, along with no warranty for battery, fridges,fires cookers etc it relies on the goodwill and guarantee of the manufacturers involved “

Again your dealer, who is in law obliged to rectify faults in the supplied goods, is responsible.

----------------------​

We offered in your previous post to help you, so have Swift and all you can do is slag Swift off......................

Thank you "Johns Cross MotorHomes" for accusing me of Slaging Swift off,I certainly have not been as vermont as you have to me in your post, it appears that your only interest is in getting your name on as many posts as possible as free advertising, (the Company who cares) I should think again. You have not got the slightest knowledge of what I have gone through with this purchase and I have certainly have not slagged off Swift but only stated the "True" facts not Fiction, and as we are 160 miles away from you, after this why should I as a customer "who is now in contact with Swift " even consider you after your outburst . I have every right to state what has happend I spent £35000 and purchased a Motorhome which was not fit for purpose and have the facts, and 50% of these faults are certainly Factory Problems and defects not 2% as you so state, I even thanked you as one of the few dealers who had responded if you had cared to read it correctly and not shoot yourself in the foot as you have done now it must be "painful"

Jan 19, 2008
Wetherby
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg Carcompact
Exp
Optima
I thought this was the motorhome fun site! Is it only me that thinks you should give it a rest - you've already been on the other site, you know the factual one, now you're on here revving everyone up. :shout:
Go and sort out the problem with your dealer and then get out there and enjoy your new purchase. :thumb:
Regards
deno

P

phylymann

Deleted User
optima

If you get a positive response from the BBC then can you pm me as I have had a lot of problems with Brownhills and Swift re my 07 Ace Airstream and have issued county court proceedings against them.

Stephen

N

N Luyetund

Deleted User
Please let us know when you've had any positive results Optima 336.

,,, just to give a little balance, we are pleased with our Bessie and equally pleased with the aftercare service from the dealer, Brownhills of Newark.:thumb:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Optima
I'm afraid it is you who are shooting yourself in the foot, you are being pointed in the right direction, you have been offered help and are ignoring all, and continuing to rant on,
Marquise Motor Homes bought a Bessacar from Swift Not You,
You bought it from Marquise Motor Homes.
and there lies the crux of the matter
as John Cross said and i would go even further and say, 100% of the fault (blame) lies with Marquise, for failing to make sure your Motor home was fit for purpose, a service wich you admit in your original post they were paid to do.
You have no right legally or morally to bring Swift into the argument,yes they are the manufacturer and given the track record of the last few years and the amount of publicity pointing this out, I ask what share in the blame do you take for buying their product:Doh:
Geo
Ps and before Im acused of supporting another trade member, I would point out our trades are in no way connected or remotely simular

Last edited:
P

phylymann

Deleted User
GEO

I think that you will find that there are court presidents for the manufacturer to be held jointly liable under the Sale of Goods act.

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
You may well be right, the point is this chap is not a customer of swift, and realy they could tell him to get lost, joint liabilty would only be sorted in a court of law and proberbly by Marquise,s solicitors
Over simplified I know But
If I sold a car to Jo Bloggs who then sells it on to Fiery Fred, its no good Fred coming to me with his problems is it
there is a very firm set of rules to follow and this chap is ignoring them, maybe finaly to his cost:winky:
Geo

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Geo, it is like a chain, every one in it has the same rights under the Sale of Goods Act.

Retail buyer goes back to Dealer, Dealer goes back to Manufacturer.

Swift are not perfect, no one says they are, but they do make a considerable PUBLIC effort to sort things out, not seen any other converter on ANY public forum.

Peter

adventure

Free Member
Oct 16, 2007
somerset
Funster No
Exp
25 years
Hello

There is no e in marquis :Doh:

do other manufacturers have to defend themselve as much as swift, lets face it with just about every 07 swift having rectification for water or condensation they need to be proactive :Eeek:

BMW replaced my faulty car not the dealer :thumb:

we are all entitled to our opinions and should all be allowed to air them in whatever context that makes us happy, I find all debates on this site interesting

nick

SwiftGroup

Free Member
Jan 10, 2008
Funster No
Warranty problems

I am pleased to say that a plan has been agreed with Optima 336.

Regards
Kath

T

thorley

Deleted User
bessacarr E425 and swift warranty

Hi optima 336 if Johns cross and the rest of the poor done by dealers get such a bad deal from these manufacturers why are they not rattling their cage ??? The reason is they dont want to share their massive profits with their customers, some new, but many are loyal mature customers who ve bought many times but that means nothing. Many of these customers do not wish to speak out or complain, some dont even bother to go back to the dealer doing repairs themselves so these people never become a statistic.Many dont have a computer and if they did have one how would they find site like this. One things quite certain theres more people dissatisfied than satisfied with this new Fiat and many of the latest coversions british and continental.My van a Burstner was delivered to me Oct 2007 with 4 recalls from Layzy days , ive finaly had the engine cover fitted but theres no cure out at the moment for the infuriating VIBRATION in reverse. If this was F1 Ferrari sponsord by said people an answer would be found in light years not years and the same goes for Swift&Co, as for warranties this word should be substituted for (just try it) these dealers have an answer for everything. Finaly we are not alone but too few motorhome owners are prepared to stand up and be counted Ducato

Swift

Banned
Sep 13, 2010
Funster No
Swift, Not now!

Hmm, I have just got into motorhomes and have a secondhand 04 Swift, I was going to go to Johns Cross Motorhomes this Sunday to see about buying a new Swift, having dug up this old thread and read about the problems with Swift (condensation and leaks on newer models) and the way they distance themselves from the end customer, no way are they getting my money.

I think I will also be very careful what dealer I use, it seems there are a few sharks out there, anyone know if Johns Cross are sharks? just that they seem to be my nearest motorhome dealer and I want to be warned before stepping foot in their showroom. Having looked through some threads it does seem as mentioned that they like to get their name out there, nothing wrong with that as long as they deliver, I don't want to be left with a lemon motorhome while the dealer is skiing in Aspen, Cruising about on his 40mtr Sunseeker boat or sitting with a huge cigar in his Caribbean retreat with the proceeds of my hard earned cash and doing bugger all about sorting problems out!

Maybe need to change my user name, it seems a little embarrasing with what I have read :whatthe:

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Hmm, I have just got into motorhomes and have a secondhand 04 Swift, I was going to go to Johns Cross Motorhomes this Sunday to see about buying a new Swift, having dug up this old thread and read about the problems with Swift (condensation and leaks on newer models) and the way they distance themselves from the end customer, no way are they getting my money.

I think I will also be very careful what dealer I use, it seems there are a few sharks out there, anyone know if Johns Cross are sharks? just that they seem to be my nearest motorhome dealer and I want to be warned before stepping foot in their showroom. :whatthe:

If I distanced myself from my customers I would not be on motorhome forums would I, you dont see any other dealers with their heads up over the parapet.

I also would not offer the next four years habitation services free of charge if I did not want my customers back either.

As to the original OP he was NOT a customer of mine and I offered to sort his van out under warranty and all I got was abuse at the end of the day. Not my problem he was 160 miles away, perhaps I should have gone and collected his van and given him another one free of charge whilst I fixed it

Peter

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
If I distanced myself from my customers I would not be on motorhome forums would I, you dont see any other dealers with their heads up over the parapet.

I also would not offer the next four years habitation services free of charge if I did not want my customers back either.

As to the original OP he was NOT a customer of mine and I offered to sort his van out under warranty and all I got was abuse at the end of the day. Not my problem he was 160 miles away, perhaps I should have gone and collected his van and given him another one free of charge whilst I fixed it

Peter

Well said Peter :thumb: Swift all I can say is JCM offer to sort out other peoples problems that are under warranty that the selling dealer should put right.:Eeek: We never read any bad reports about them which is not always the case with others :thumb:
terry

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Maybe need to change my user name, it seems a little embarrasing with what I have read :whatthe:

One of the bigger mistakes you've ever made.

Wait 'till you get irate owners demanding satisfaction.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Hiya Swift,
about the only connection I have with John Cross is that they get a lump of my dosh every now and then for goodies ( last purchase was a Fiamma safari room )

I manufacture and sell motorcycle parts so am not even vaguely connected to the leasure/motorhome/caravan industry

I have always been very very happy with the service I have received from all those I have dealt with.

I have found the people who work there honest with advice .. at least two occasions I have been about to spend lolly when a member of staff has come up with a cheaper, better solution, so they are not all about grabbing and running.

On top of that we have Peter on here who has always been able to answer any questions folk have raised....... again, as far as I am concerned and can see, honestly.

I think you can go to the firm with a fair amount of confidence

Swift

Banned
Sep 13, 2010
Funster No
Thanks for your replies, I have booked a Caravan Club site nearby in Battle and will be attending the Johns Cross showroom/yard this Sunday, I will report back as to how they act and what service I get. I appreciate Peter responding, but tapping messages on a keyboard in between games of computer solitaire is different from real life ::bigsmile:

I have tried to use their shop by phone but the poor receptionist can never get a sales agent, better them being busy I guess as long as they are not all playing solitaire!

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Thanks for your replies, I have booked a Caravan Club site nearby in Battle and will be attending the Johns Cross showroom/yard this Sunday, I will report back as to how they act and what service I get. I appreciate Peter responding, but tapping messages on a keyboard in between games of computer solitaire is different from real life ::bigsmile:
!
Hi,

You will be very welcome to call and have a chat, solitaire is not installed on our P.C's:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Incidentally as most Funsters know, I am not often at the dealership as I live some 90 miles away, but my staff treat all customers as they would expect to be treated themselves.

As to playing solitaire, I am too busy elsewhere on the net. If you want to see how we perform, try searching johnscross on ebay and that is a demandiing market !

Peter

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Peter, what is your eBay user name please ? Always worth knowing as I can put it in my preferred list ::bigsmile:

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Peter, what is your eBay user name please ? Always worth knowing as I can put it in my preferred list ::bigsmile:

Hi

It is simply johnscross

Dont buy off ebay and give them money, use website and get Funsters Discount.:thumb:

Prices normally same as on ebay:Smile:

Peter

Nov 30, 2008
Funster No
woodstock

Please can you keep me informed of your progress as I have a Autocruise Starspirit on a peogeot boxer 2008 model bought new which has been a nightmare from the start lots of habitation problems also broke down 5 times electrical problems. Not a lot of help from Swift who now own autocruise also not a lot of help from the dealer. Sometimes the only way to get anything done is to put it on here and other motorhome forums to get anything done.

Swift

Banned
Sep 13, 2010
Funster No
I would 'phone' the shop, never mind using ebay or their website, reason being half of what I ordered and paid for the other day was not in stock, what was in stock was delivered, the rest could be weeks away, their website showed it in stock, they have my money and I have bugger all.

Apparently the stock control has gone to pot due to a member of staff having to take time off due to very tragic circumstances which I am truly sorry about, but you would have thought there would have been a temporary replacement to keep it under control, but it seems that the poor individual returned to mayhem which has justed added more stress, poor thing.

Anyway I will think twice about ordering anything from there again if I need it in a hurry, I'm not a money lender!

Peter, take note! And by the way when I complain about goods not in stock whne clearly advertised as in stock and then paid for by me, I don't expect an e-mail from the poor individual concerned making me feel bad by explaining the absolutely tragic personal circumstances of the failure of the system and lack of stock, very, very sad circumstances, but NOT a way to conduct business!

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
I would 'phone' the shop, never mind using ebay or their website, reason being half of what I ordered and paid for the other day was not in stock, what was in stock was delivered, the rest could be weeks away, their website showed it in stock, they have my money and I have bugger all.

Apparently the stock control has gone to pot due to a member of staff having to take time off due to very tragic circumstances which I am truly sorry about, but you would have thought there would have been a temporary replacement to keep it under control, but it seems that the poor individual returned to mayhem which has justed added more stress, poor thing.

Anyway I will think twice about ordering anything from there again if I need it in a hurry, I'm not a money lender!

Peter, take note!

Name please and I can easily check at this very moment

Pete

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back