bessacarr , breakdown on test drive (1 Viewer)

L

leonie

Deleted User
Hi just test drove a new bessacarr 495 , it actually did 10 miles before it broke down on the side of the motorway, electrical problem apparently, really dissapointed as i love the layout, it seems reading the forums and google that british made campers are less than reliable, is it better to buy german . im looking for something to go away in for months at a time, i need it to be reliable,

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Now how would you know what part broke Peter??::bigsmile:

Olley

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Can't really decide a manufacture on te base of a breakdown. As said if it was the ducato side then most vans are built on ducatos. In fairness unless you intend to stay well clear of ducato's hence reducing your layout options then I would just carry on.

so give it a fair chance, over 40k of untroubled ducato driving for me. (now watch me breakdown):cry:

German vans are good as are slovenian vans of course. But you choose your options , after all its your van, we will only have to wave at it.:thumb:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Please see below list of motorhomes that have never broken down or gone wrong:thumb:
In Alphabetical order

Get the idea!!!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Sep 27, 2007
Shropshire based
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
started in 2001
Bessacarr

Leonie

We have had an E760 since 1/12/05, it has travelled 28k miles, without a failure, very relaible piece of kit, well insulated and user friendly.::bigsmile:

When first purchased, we too did have a few issues which needed attention, which was done by our local dealer (also a Bessy agent, althouggh he did not supply this one) The main issue was the morning starting, some dyas it did, others no way. Our dealer found a loose connection on the battery positive post, tightened it correctly, after fitting a new battery, no more problems, and Swift picked up the invoice, no pretest at all.:Smile:

Why not, if the 495 style/layout is what you want, arrange another test drive......and drive a harder bargain.....now seems to be the time to buy.:Cool:

Good luck, go for it

Nomadic:thumb:

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back