bessacar 435 dealer marquis motorhomes (1 Viewer)

F

Frosties

Deleted User
I am just about to buy a 6 month old bessacar 435 (see my previous post water problems/engine problems posted today). The dealer who has the van is the marquis motorhome co. based in Newbury. However I have just read a horror story associated with "marquis" (on a previous posting 2007) about the very poor service and help from this group (the posting was about the Northampton dealers) but does refer to the whole group. Does anyone else have any information regarding the marquis group - good or bad. Is it the case that the marquis group eally dont care about aftercare service to its customers. Need advice before I finalise things tomorrow

Family Guy

Free Member
Nov 20, 2007
runcorn
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
since 2001
it amazes me how these dealers stay in business the way they treat the customers the cost involved i bought a nearly new land rover and was treated with respect and any problems were dealt with my car was collected and returned to me washed and cleaned in side and out even had a courtesy call a few months down the line just to see if every thing was OK these dealers who think they are bigger than the customer will one day learn that with out the customer they wouldn't have any business as one nothing will happen but if we all stuck together the industry would have to listen the french do it so well ps i ended buying 2 more landrovers from them

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Don't know about sales but Marquis in Ipswich missed a load of stuff on a habitation check and still charged the earth for it.

Maybe a little harsh but I'll not be buying a van from them

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
i bought a nearly new land rover and was treated with respect and any problems were dealt with my car was collected and returned to me washed and cleaned in side and out even had a courtesy call a few months down the line just to see if every thing was OK these dealers who think they are bigger than the customer will one day learn that with out the customer they wouldn't have any business as one nothing will happen but if we all stuck together the industry would have to listen the french do it so well ps i ended buying 2 more landrovers from them

Hi,

Could not agree more BUT whats their labour rates in the workshop that provides courtesy cars
£90 - £110 per HOUR, ours is £44! one can provide an awful lot at those rates!

The courtsey call is another way of reminding you that they excist, worked as you bought two more from them.

Not knocking your comment in any way shape or form, agree with you 100% as regards after sales service but Land Rover, BMW and Mercedes do know how to charge!

If we charged those rates in the workshop, our customers would have forty fits.

Regards

Peter

Family Guy

Free Member
Nov 20, 2007
runcorn
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
since 2001
hi pete we've got our wires crossed more to do with the service you get .warranty work etc i agree not all dealers are bad and maybe I'm having a bad dealer day but when you look at the cost involved and how little protection you have its the most expensive thing you will buy after your home
eddie

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
hi pete we've got our wires crossed more to do with the service you get .warranty work etc i agree not all dealers are bad and maybe I'm having a bad dealer day but when you look at the cost involved and how little protection you have its the most expensive thing you will buy after your home
eddie

Hi Eddie,

I totally agree with you.

Peter

purdo4

Free Member
Jan 28, 2008
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
14 months
I am just about to buy a 6 month old bessacar 435 (see my previous post water problems/engine problems posted today). The dealer who has the van is the marquis motorhome co. based in Newbury. However I have just read a horror story associated with "marquis" (on a previous posting 2007) about the very poor service and help from this group (the posting was about the Northampton dealers) but does refer to the whole group. Does anyone else have any information regarding the marquis group - good or bad. Is it the case that the marquis group eally dont care about aftercare service to its customers. Need advice before I finalise things tomorrow

Hi
no no no i can highly recommend Marquis group,they are such helpful people.We bought our first Motorhome off them,we used Marquis at Twekesbury,could not do enough for us,did not push or hound us into buying.We also had dealings with their Newbury Marquis,and their aftercare service is second to none.Dont fret,they will look after you all the way.One of the best dealers around i can vouch for them

Regards,
Mo in Gloucester

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
The same dealer that missed 2 years approx of water ingress and rot in a damp check on a van?

They charged £150 plus vat for that........

Draw your own conclusions

Last edited:

Oscarmax

Free Member
Oct 22, 2008
Funster No
MH
Coach
Exp
may 2008
All I can say is tread very carefully, I know of two seperate motorhome owners who have had a bad experienced with this company :Angry:

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Only comment I would make and I am biased is that if you deal with a privately owned indepenedent dealer where you can get at the 'engine driver' you are far more likely to get good after sales service than with a large multiple who could treat you just as another number on the scoreboard.

It is also essential to pick a supplier who has long serviing staff with experience of the leisure industry, proud of their company and know their product.

Reputation is the best guide.

Peter

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
I can only speak from my own experience I brought 2 vans from Marquis at Poole and had no trouble with after sales service. Any warranty work was carried out by their Tewkesbury branch (more convenient as I live in Bristol) without problem. The biggest problem was the quality of the first vehicle as supplied by SWIFT!

I suppose when you deal with a large company you are lucky if you have a good experience as the employees do not have a big stake in the reputation of the company but have the largest effect on it.

May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
No Problems with Marquis

This is my 10th motorhome from different dealers, never the same dealer twice. I am still searching for a good, honest reliable dealer but I am also hoping to win the lottery even though I havent bought a ticket. I'm affraid they all appear to be arthur daleys. This van was purchased from Marquis at Southampton and collected, after a little work, from Northampton. No real problems with them.
After a few weeks the rear panel developed cracks and without hesitation Marquis told me to have it repaired locally and send them the bill, I did, and the £540 arrived within a week. A month later the Alde heating burst and due to extreme build quality we couldn't get to the problem without cutting the cabinetwork. Estimated price for repair was £740 and the insurance offered £160. Marquis , once again, told me to have the repair carried out and send the bill, this I did and they paid. The only other problem which cannot be blamed on Marquis was the lack of a table for the van. This took over 4 months to arrive from Autocruise/Swift.
I would buy another van from Marquis Southampton even though they are over 350 miles away. What I would never do again is rely on a purchased warranty. These guys are total cowboys of the first order and will do anything to avoid paying for repairs.
Wiljoy

Frankie

Free Member
Nov 8, 2008
Buckinghamshire
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2008
Hi.
Purchased our Newlife Ice from Newbury branch in November 2008,Found them helpfull and friendly,No probs at all,at this point in time would recommend.Say hello to Frank and the team for me.

Tim

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back