Feb 3, 2008
Highworth
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 85
Hi all
as usual looking for info.We are looking at going to Berlin early December for the christmas markets and some sightseeing.Question is does anyone know of campsites or stellplatz within public transport of the place.
Thanks in advance
Pete

Sorry forgot to say that wll take a 34 foot RV

Last edited:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
hi pete,

found this one.....says a 15 min bus ride into berlin.......90 pitches click on prices to get your pitch size they go upto 11mtr X 7.5mtr. check out XL pitch.

ps......just had a look at the website myself and it looks the dogs do da's.

Last edited:
OP
OP
peaps
Feb 3, 2008
Highworth
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 85
Hi John
just had a look myself,as you say the dogs do das,and easy access

Thanks
:thumb:pete:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
Hi peaps try here for some good comprehensive reviews.Link Removed

As for Berlin, I have been on my Motorbike and loved it ::bigsmile:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks

Intersting
Is your bike Left or Right hand drive:RollEyes:

Phil

Free Member
Oct 21, 2007
Herts
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
10 years
There's a campsite on the old RAF Gatow site and another just along the road at Kladow.

Here's some details Link Removed

We are going there next month.

Phil

OP
OP
peaps
Feb 3, 2008
Highworth
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 85

Hi Paul
couldn't agree more wonderful city been three times now but only with a euro van,if you,ve never done the christmas markets there try it sometime the atmosphere is the best of any I've been to and of course strangely the people are friendly

Pete:thumb:

OP
OP
peaps
Feb 3, 2008
Highworth
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 85
There's a campsite on the old RAF Gatow site and another just along the road at Kladow.

Here's some details Link Removed

We are going there next month.

Phil

Hi Phil
Stayed at the DCC site in Kladow three times now excellent site but pitches not big enough for RV's.I think the Gatow site is the same but if you could let me know when you get back it would be appreciated,if you've not done it before the easiest transport I've found is to buy daily or weekly all area bus passes.

Pete:thumb:

Bulletguy

Free Member
Feb 7, 2008
Cheshire/Staffs
Funster No
Hi all
as usual looking for info. We are looking at going to Berlin early December for the christmas markets and some sightseeing.Question is does anyone know of campsites or stellplatz within public transport of the place.
Pete

I'm no 'city lover'.........but i enjoyed Berlin so much when i visited the first time last year, i am back again this year to see more of it. I fell in love with the place! The extremely relaxed and leisurely pace of Berliner drivers who were very forgiving and polite, impressed me a lot.

The site i stayed at is just on the outskirts with a short easy drive to a large free all day carpark (plenty of room to park an 'artic' let alone an RV!), right next to Pankow S Bahn station. Just a few stops down to Unter den Linden and you are right at the Brandenburg Gate. About six euro buys you an all day return ticket.

Link Removed

Not sure if the site is open during the time you want to go but its worth checking. In fact it's a site worth a visit just to see the shower and toilet block which is absolutely amazing. Sink units set in marble, fully tiled throughout, and huge double size showers. All kept spotlessly clean and of course......properly built (something which we are not very good at!).

bushman51

Free Member
Apr 26, 2009
Mainly France
Funster No
Exp
30+
... campsites or stellplatz within public transport of the place...

Hi
Here comes a list of all the Stellplätze (plural of Stellplatz in German) that I know of in and around Berlin

Berlin-Spandau 1
Streitstr. 86
phone +49 3035506074

Berlin-Spandau 2
Scharfe Lanke 109 - 131

Berlin-Tegel
Waidmannsluster Damm 12-16
phone +493020166333 + 491638251513

Berlin-Mitte (consider "Umweltzone")
Chausséestr. 82
phone +49 3046797549

Berlin-Köpenick 1
Stellingdamm 15

Berlin-Köpenick 2
Wendenschlossstr. 350 - 354

Berlin-Köpenick 3
Müggelbergallee 1

Hint: You may enter all such info in "MapPoint Europe 2009" (by Microsoft) which is GPS-enabled. With some effort, this software can even be found for free... Bon voyage!

OP
OP
peaps
Feb 3, 2008
Highworth
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 85
Pete

I'm no 'city lover'.........but i enjoyed Berlin so much when i visited the first time last year, i am back again this year to see more of it. I fell in love with the place! The extremely relaxed and leisurely pace of Berliner drivers who were very forgiving and polite, impressed me a lot.

The site i stayed at is just on the outskirts with a short easy drive to a large free all day carpark (plenty of room to park an 'artic' let alone an RV!), right next to Pankow S Bahn station. Just a few stops down to Unter den Linden and you are right at the Brandenburg Gate. About six euro buys you an all day return ticket.

Link Removed

Not sure if the site is open during the time you want to go but its worth checking. In fact it's a site worth a visit just to see the shower and toilet block which is absolutely amazing. Sink units set in marble, fully tiled throughout, and huge double size showers. All kept spotlessly clean and of course......properly built (something which we are not very good at!).

Know exactly what you mean a friendly capital city worth all the time I've spent there but a holiday is never long enough

Pete

Bulletguy

Free Member
Feb 7, 2008
Cheshire/Staffs
Funster No
Know exactly what you mean a friendly capital city worth all the time I've spent there but a holiday is never long enough

Pete
True.....i spent just four days there last year mainly to visit ex-eastern bloc sites. Well worth going on a guided tour in the city as these folk who take you round 'know their history'.

I plan to spend a week there to see sites which i didn't have time to visit last year.

No time is ever long enough. I made a three week tour last year but this year i'm taking 34 days.
Ideally i need to be retired from work so i can begin to enjoy life!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back