John & Liz

Free Member
Aug 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 201
Exp
Since Sept 2012
As most Benimar owners will admit the rather large and cumbersome table fitted is difficult to use and takes up far too much space.
My solution was to remove the centre leg style table fitted and replace it with an offset swivel leg type.
I have attached a few pics which explains, "a picture paints a thousand words" or something like that.

PB192382.JPG
PB192381.JPG
PB192380.JPG

I also took the opportunity to raise the seating area floor, it was too low and I'm not the tallest of guys so raising it up did help. Also left an opening to store some water bottles
We also carpeted the whole area which covered the holes left by removing the table.
It is now easier to sit at the table without trying to get round the centre leg, also I offset the table top on the mounting plate which increases the number of table position options.
The table will also adjust back to the bulkhead for travelling if required.
To ensure that all is solid I have fitted a strengthening plate behind the bulkhead to keep the swivel arm nice and solid.
Overall we are chuffed with the layout now as it was a right pain before.
Fellow Benimar owners please feel free to copy if you wish and if you do here is the link to the swivel arm
http://leisurelines.net/multi-position-swivel-table-leg-1440-p.asp

I haven't used the original top as it was too big, I had a high gloss panel left over from when we did my sons kitchen so used that, as it was only 18mm I fitted a border underneath to make it 30mm and then lipped it.

Jan 1, 2017
eastbourne
Funster No
MH
van conversion, Peug
Exp
4 years
Gotta brand new 243, spent an hour or two playing jenga with the table trying to work it out....think we get it now but your fix looks fantastic, good job! We are going to see how we get on with it as standard , if it becomes a pain (like flying around in the back when you have forgotten to screw it tight whoops) we will think about a better way modelled on your excellent example. Thinking of starting a rival fun club called Benimar White Table Fun Club, but probably best not to abbreviate it! Wish I was a bit handier.

Dawncbn

Free Member
Jun 21, 2016
Liverpool
Funster No
MH
Benimar mileo 201
Exp
John you could cash in here, would love to have the same done to our 201, I hate the table

pstar

Free Member
May 31, 2021
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 201
We have Benimar 201 and I too think the table is overkill. I am trying to convince my wife to let me remove it and this post may just be the clincher. Thanks for sharing

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 30, 2019
Aberdeen, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin Supreme
Exp
Since 2018
Used to have a 282. Same issue with table. Ended up removing it and got a folding table which we stored above the front drop down bed when not being used. Added benefit was the folding table could be used outside as well, not to mention the weight saving which is very valuable for those with the larger Benimar vans. Can’t remember now how heavy the table was but it was significant.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back