LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
This is one of the many reasons I love Benidorm. Just retuned from a couple of hours tapas in old town. Not I may add in the tourist trap tapas alley, but in a little square patronised by Spanish people where with each drink you still get a free tapas. A glass of good rose cava and tapas still costs 1 Euro a go. 6 or 7 glasses later am not only full but ready for my afternoon nap before aperitif time.

http://endosbocados.blogspot.com.es/2012/11/cerveceria-cadillac-benidorm_20.html

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Looks good to me Dave, will have to pay them a visit when we get to Beni.
Brisey.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DP+JAY

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 17, 2010
Dalbeattie
Funster No
MH
Laika 5009
Exp
since 2007, 25 years tuggin before that.
Go on, rub it in.
Some of us still have to work. In the rain.

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
If you see this newcomer who is currently in Benidorm tell him to get out the bar and get to bed !!! The latest addition to the Tonka Benidorm crew...
Look at him....!! Cant take the pace..... ;):LOL:
10645221_10154725282585541_1939961829378478694_n.jpg

lesleyjean

Free Member
Jun 21, 2008
Funster No
MH
A class
We have booked our crossing and should be in Benidorm by Friday.

We are hoping to get on 'La Torretta'

Any room Dave (Snowbird):)

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
We have booked our crossing and should be in Benidorm by Friday.

We are hoping to get on 'La Torretta'

Any room Dave (Snowbird):)
There are a few pitches, but I must be honest, they are filling up faster than I have ever seen in the 14 years I have been coming here. There are a lot of Scandinavians now, which have taken long term pitches. The new pitches on what used to be the old carpark were empty when Smudger and I arrived, but all 9 were taken within a couple of days. There are 2 Belgians on here with us and they leave in around a weeks time, one pitch is reserved by Odd the Norwegian and the other will be vacant. Book it as soon as you get here if the Belgians are still here.

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
oh green with envy. and Tonka stop boring that child to sleep.
Its not easy trying to keep cool when its in the high twenties you know. Costs a fortune running the aircon or driving around in that little convertible trying to keep from melting away. Not to mention the copious amounts of beer and G&T to stop dehydration :).

Spottycatz

Free Member
Feb 17, 2013
Racodorm
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Low Profile
Exp
Still making mistakes! But they're not as costly.
Always go to that Tapas bar and it's on the Crazy Gang tour...Est'd 2013. Try La Toledana in Calle Gerona, ask for Victor, the place is just amazing.

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
I bet he was showing the lad old Baggy videos featuring Jeff Astle...

JJ :cool:

Tut Tut.... Just no respect on here at all !!!
FYI (as they say).. I'm not there, if I was he'd be having a sip of "apple beer" and fast asleep..

Roll on Nov 17th, flying out for a 10 days... It's Irene's birthday on the 18th, if there are a few funsters about and up for it them may try and plan a surprise meet / drink session...!!

Reactions: JJ

lesleyjean

Free Member
Jun 21, 2008
Funster No
MH
A class
There are a few pitches, but I must be honest, they are filling up faster than I have ever seen in the 14 years I have been coming here. There are a lot of Scandinavians now, which have taken long term pitches. The new pitches on what used to be the old carpark were empty when Smudger and I arrived, but all 9 were taken within a couple of days. There are 2 Belgians on here with us and they leave in around a weeks time, one pitch is reserved by Odd the Norwegian and the other will be vacant. Book it as soon as you get here if the Belgians are still here.

Hi Dave

Is there any chance that you could book us the spot that is being vacated in the car park.

I have just phoned La Torretta and was told that they do not take bookings.

I have a paypal account and can pay you immediately if you could book it for us for at least 31 days.

Lesley and Alan Mason, we have been there before, so they should have our details on there computer.

Would really appreciate it.

We should be there by 2pm on Friday all being well.

Well do your best:) if you can't then don't worry.

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Hi Dave

Is there any chance that you could book us the spot that is being vacated in the car park.

I have a paypal account and can pay you immediately if you could book it for us for at least 31 days.

Lesley and Alan Mason, we have been there before, so they should have our details on there computer.

Will have a word with Pedro in the morning. He has gone home now, will do my best.

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Hi Dave

OK, Just spoke to the man, and although you will have to stay on the site when you arrive for a few days, the first available pitch on the supercamp is yours.

Dr Wolfenstein

Free Member
Mar 30, 2014
Somerset
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
we are newbies
This is one of the many reasons I love Benidorm. Just retuned from a couple of hours tapas in old town. Not I may add in the tourist trap tapas alley, but in a little square patronised by Spanish people where with each drink you still get a free tapas. A glass of good rose cava and tapas still costs 1 Euro a go. 6 or 7 glasses later am not only full but ready for my afternoon nap before aperitif time.

http://endosbocados.blogspot.com.es/2012/11/cerveceria-cadillac-benidorm_20.html
Very nice, will have to check it out this week as we are currently down the road from you.

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
I'm looking at a week away just after Christmas. I'm tempted to give this Benidorm a whirl. No time to drive, will have to be BA or the like. What is the best area for a week of fun and frolics. :cool:

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
I'm looking at a week away just after Christmas. I'm tempted to give this Benidorm a whirl. No time to drive, will have to be BA or the like. What is the best area for a week of fun and frolics. :cool:
Go through Travel republic website - or book flights direct and the rest through them (save about £20)

I'm just about to book for 2 adults- easyjet flights (Alicante) + 1 hold bag, shuttle transfers, Mayra Appartments (clean cheap and conveniently located - stayed there before) and airport parking (Southend) all under £400 for 8 days! 25 Jan to 2 Feb(y)

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
We fly in and out on a regular basis cattle class with Ryanair or Easyjet. Have had flights as cheep as £11 each way into Liverpool. Book your transfers online with Resorthoper at around £4 each way Alicante-Benidorm. Many of the hotels will do a deal in winter at around £20 per night per room. We like Benidorm in winter as its open, whereas much of Spain is closed. If you do your homework you can actually save money by being in Benidorm as opposed to staying at home. A friend has rented a 2 bedroom bungalow on site for 600 Euros per month, gas and electric included.

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Ryanair, easyjet,monarch and jet 2 all fly to Alicante.
Depending on where you live for departure airports..
Travel republic, as Dave says, are currently cheapest on coach transfers..
Having "Tonka towers" not had to book an apartment for a while but plenty of websites around..

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Easily solved. Come home. It's f f f f freeeeeezing, wet, windy. No overheating problems at all.
I have to fly home for some treatment next month Brian. Long Johns and thermals at the ready. By the way, it is getting a bit cooler at night although its 28.9 as I type.

lesleyjean

Free Member
Jun 21, 2008
Funster No
MH
A class
Thanks very much Dave.

We are going through the tunnel this evening:)

See you soon(y)

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Thanks very much Dave.

We are going through the tunnel this evening:)

See you soon(y)
Have just been informed that 3 will be vacating the superpitches in the next few days, one will be coming on, so you could have the choice of 2 pitches. Look forward to seeing you. Have a safe trip.

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
we will be there around 29th dec we booked flights ages ago for different days going to and fro in all 7 flights are booked southend and stanstead all to alicante and all the flights for less than £250
dave i leave beni on the 30th jan and return on the 9th feb so will see ya for just a short time so we best cram a lot in
clear.png

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back