Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Philippft submitted a new Showcase Item:

Broken Link Removed

Our first visit to Benidorm was in 2013. We were over wintering in Albir, a small town next to Benidorm and decided to hop on a bus and visit this renowned holiday destination. The impression I had of Benidorm was not good, loads of drunken Brits causing trouble in a dirty resort. Fearing the worst we decided to visit anyway and boy did we get a shock!
It's not for everyone but what a fantastic resort to visit in the winter. In fact, most people choose Benidorm because it is the driest place to be in Spain, in the winter and it does not get that much more warmer the further south you go. Great beaches, loads of entertainment and much of it geared to mature people and no trouble (The beach front road/bars is heavily patrolled by the local police). The campsites, like everything else in Benidorm compete for their customers so prices are competitive and some of the campsites very large.
We decided to overwinter here in 2014 and stayed at Villasol. We even managed to get a web only deal for the campsite which brought our price down to just over €12.0 a day. This was helped by the fact we were staying for over 90 days.
There is certainly lots to do and see in Benidorm including trips to other destinations nearby and lots to do locally with National parks, great walks, theme parks/zoo'z etc to name just a few.
There were quite a few Funsters overwintering at Benidorm and many were repeat stayers. The campsite had a outdoor and indoor swimming pool plus a large entertainment bar/restaurant and we often enjoyed the free entertainment laid on and the Christmas pantomime, which was good value for the money we paid which went to the children's hospital in great Ormond street.
Anyway, many Funsters will be familiar with Benidorm (Love it or hate it!) and I thought it may be of value to put some pictures up for those who may be considering going who have never been before. I could go on and on and on about Benidorm, Tapas Alley, Sticky Vicky , €1.oo pints etc but would take up a lot more space. So, I'll leave that to others if they want to add more in the comments section.

Broken Link Removed

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
everything u say is spot on phillip apart from you failed to mention the miserable scrot who ran the bar in villasol :)

dickieo

Free Member
Oct 12, 2012
Cantoria . Spain .
Funster No
MH
Coach Built .
Exp
Two Years ...
Benidorm because it is the driest place to be in Spain

Almeria , is the driest place .

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Fully agree with you,,Benidorm has something for everyone..Love it over xmas and new year...BUSBY:):)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back