Jan 13, 2014
Leeds - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
40+
Hello,

Leaving Almeria going toward France eventually,should I stop at Benidorm for 1/5 nights dependant on enjoyment.

Never stopped but a lot praise it,we like a good site,a couple of beers and a meal out any advice greatly appreciated

Thanks.

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Yes.. You will love it or hate it.. Like Marmite..

Our favourite is Villasol ( as long as you dont have a dog ), others I know have their own sites they like..
Toretta and El Raco would be my back up sites.
Go try it and see what you think...

mariner

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2013
Isle of Dogs, but mostly Artola Spain.
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Since 2007. But no more.
Benidorm is all things to all people. Don't knock it till you've tried it.

Villasol, Armanello, Torreta, Raco and Arena Blanca are best for walking or bussing into town.

Torreta is probably the closest.

:Cool:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Hello,

Leaving Almeria going toward France eventually,should I stop at Benidorm for 1/5 nights dependant on enjoyment.
Thanks.

If you don't like Benidorm then 5 miles away is Camping Cap Blanche just up the coast in L'Albir. Very quiet peaceful town. Best Apfestrudel you will get outside Germany.

Portland

Free Member
Oct 31, 2013
Conwy
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
20 years
You will find to stay on the sites suggested expensive for a short stay. You could try The orange grove aire but its out of town or there is another one just down the coast road from Cap Blanc towards Altea.:thumb:

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
On Almafra at Alfaz until thurs. Then heading to Isla Plana. Enjoy Benidorm. BUSBY65::bigsmile:

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
THEY TAKE CAMPING CHEQUES ALL YEAR ON ALMAFRA. We love it here. 50 yds to bus stop and easy cycling. BUSBY::bigsmile:

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
i prefer altea or even calpe .
mind good food in the chinese down by the sea front . to the left looking out to sea.

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Thanks for the advice,

Got a Dog and a Car so can travel to local facilities.

Arrive in town early then you will have time to visit some of the sites and check them out and get prices.. Villasol will be out as they dont take dogs...

MrMotorhome

Funster
Deceased RIP
May 19, 2009
Funster No
Guadalest

As you have a car try to visit Guadalest around 30 mins drive from Benidorm, amongst one of the most beautuful areas in Spain.

Evening entertainment watch the "Cabeytu Brothers" (recommended) and the Elvis show at "Rock and Roll Bar" also The Tropical if "Ziggy" is on.

Enjoy :thumb:

chrissyvine

Free Member
Feb 15, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1992
camping Arena Blanca in Benidorm is an ACSI site if you are a member and you can pre-book. Very good small site with bar/restaurant and indoor pool. Other sites will be expensive for short stays, cheapest probably La Torreta, behind Benidorm Palace.
When out in the car head for the mountains inland between Benidorm and Denia for magnificent scenery. The view from the Col de Rates is stunning. The coast road between Calpe and Moraira is also spectacular.
Benidorm itself is "love it or hate it" BUT the surrounding area is worth visiting for the scenery.

Sep 5, 2012
Scotland
Funster No
MH
East Neuk Fifer
Exp
since 2012
Glad someone else knows Moraira, lovely area and town, have been visiting the area for the past 20 odd years but not by motorhome yet:Smile:

chrissyvine

Free Member
Feb 15, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1992
Glad someone else knows Moraira, lovely area and town, have been visiting the area for the past 20 odd years but not by motorhome yet:Smile:
There's a campsite in Moraira but it's away from the town and got a lot of trees. Lovely place though with nice little shops and plenty of bars and a pretty beach and marina. I spend the winter in Denia and usually hire a car so know the area well. Been going there for 12 years now.

Sep 5, 2012
Scotland
Funster No
MH
East Neuk Fifer
Exp
since 2012
I asked about Camping Moraira before and was given advice about that and Javea. I'd love to visit the area by motorhome so I could take a lot of ceramic pots home but the time not quite right just now. We have access to a flat so for now we will use that.:Smile:

Dec 23, 2009
Liverpool
Funster No
MH
Atoutrial tracker
Exp
Since 2004
Benidorm or

Hello,

Never stopped but a lot praise it,we like a good site,a couple of beers and a meal out any advice greatly appreciated

Thanks.
A great stopover ! In fact we spend our winters there and some of the Summer outside School holidays !

It depends on how much of a mixer and social animal you are. We stay in our caravan and awning with a huge difference ! On Villamar Camp Site and will be keeping our motor home there from September for the winter. Most motorhomes use el raco ( dogs allowed ) or Villasol and la Torretta ( no dogs allowed ) some stay on Almafra in Alfaz del Pi which is a little out of the way for walking into Benidorm. People who love a bit of peace and quiet like Cap Blanc in Albir which is a lovely modern town, preferred by the Dutch, and has a lovely cafe culture.

We like Villamar because it has the best pools in Benidorm, best club house with entertainment most nights, beer at a euro a pint and we have lots of parties and get togethers as we have a record number of friends on site. However, although it is nearer than Almafra or Arena Blanca, it is on the back of Benidorm so is the longest walk or cycle to the front line. However, the number 10 bus stops outside the side gate. It is the biggest site in the area and livelier than most so may not be to everyone's taste and can be a little expensive per night.

It might be wise to book a site for couple of days and then look around but some sites offer discounts if you are there for a specific period. I think it is 30 days.

Best of Luck !

Millibobs

Free Member
Oct 27, 2013
Sax Alicante area Spain
Funster No
MH
Overcab
Exp
Since 2004
I asked about Camping Moraira before and was given advice about that and Javea. I'd love to visit the area by motorhome so I could take a lot of ceramic pots home but the time not quite right just now. We have access to a flat so for now we will use that.:Smile:

Moraira is in lovely position but the sites are very small and I had probs(7meters) getting around the corners of the site. Never been back to retry.:Cool:

Sep 5, 2012
Scotland
Funster No
MH
East Neuk Fifer
Exp
since 2012
Thanks for that info. Ours is about 7.3 mtres so will probably wait until I have less dogs and smaller motorhome. :Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back