Free Member
Jun 2, 2016
Haltwhistle
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Since 2011
We are planning to travel to Spain in November to February. It will be our first time abroad with our camper. Very excited but also a little apprehensive. We hope to be in Benidorm for Christmas and the new year. Anyone that can give us some advise on the area, etc... or best campsites would be very much appreciated

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
I reckon all bar Camping Benidorm* are bloody good sites.
We use La Toretta as it is the cheapest, the closest to the action ( by about 100 yards LOL ! ) and allows our wee mutley :)

The trip there is pretty straight forward.. We do not use tolls and do use the chunnel.. But we use the chunnel as we have a big van and it works out cheaper than the ferries.

That site seems to be a bit of a dive.. I went and had a nose around and found it was where most of those in permanent residence are.. Folk are lovely and very helpful but it left us feeling a bit like it was past its best

H

Hagstrom

Deleted User
Hi Steve and Sheree,

As for the route down, there's a good website called About France http://about-france.com/tourism/A10-motorway-through-france.htm which advises on toll-free route from the Tunnel to Biarritz. I have started a "Conversation" you in order to send you a guide as to our route down past Alicante, where we stay etc. It is not advisable to overnight in the Motorway Service Areas especially near Perpignan and Barcelona. Aires are much safer and more pleasant.

Can't help with the campsites around Benidorm - that area is far too busy for us.

Norman

Last edited by a moderator:

Brian Prosser

Free Member
Oct 29, 2014
Tonbridge
Funster No
MH
looking to buy
Exp
Spent three nights in Benidorm this spring and it was four nights too long. Nice place completely spoilt by rude, drunken Brits. Moved on to Donana National Park, Seville and Portugal and they were great.

Brian

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Benidorm... Party central on the Costa Blanca

as has been said often.. it's very much a "Marmite" place. You either love it or you hate it!

Oct 20, 2010
Burry Port South Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2003
There will be quite a few Funsters in Beni over Christmas and New Year.
There will no doubt be Xmas and New Year parties on.
Join the forum (y) then you will have access to the Benidorm Snowbirds group which will keep you up to speed.
Cheers
Ed

billy&val

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
swansea
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
3 years
we go to benidorm often and stay in camping el raco it accommodates big vans ours is 28ft its a truly nice site very friendly there's not only benidorm but very near by other resorts to visit just cheap bus ride away plenty of bars around camp and restaurants if you don't want to go to town the old town of benidorm is very vibrant well worth a couple of trips hope you have a fab time

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
best site imho is raco on pitch is water waste leci and uk tv,depending how long the stay depends on wat you pay,outside site is a few good bars also bus stop,15 min walk to tropical,normal venue for new years eve for the funsters,i may be bias because like a few other funsters we live on there,but you will be best to book,last year it was heaving

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back