Benidorm, a tale of two cities. (1 Viewer)

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
We had to be in the area so arrived at Camping Vilasol. It's ACSI, nearest to the centre. Although not discount card he announced €20 a night with electric with ACSI discount.

So I cycle in to nearest sea front, Holy Crap, the worst of Blackpool with heat. But a lot of heat and a lovely bay, it'll do.

Then later I did the Big Tour and found Olde Benidorm, what a charming place in the middle of all the tack. Small but beautifully formed. It changed our whole picture of the place.

Camping Vilasol. Big pitches, lots of service blocks with showers to die for. Bar and pool. Easy walk to town. Road and dog noise at night but not too terrible. A perfectly adequate site.

Next...... A report on Peniscola.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
hi brian .was that you we saw sat by the pool in benidorm last night on telly. ?
you are getting the real thing .hee hee .
nice chinese eat all you can to the left hand side of the beach . probably the best bit about benidorm.
amazing how many high buildings in one place .you got to see it to believe it.

OP
OP
hilldweller

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
amazing how many high buildings in one place .you got to see it to believe it.

Yes indeed. Some fantastic shapes. Some you wonder what drugs the architect uses. There are some low rise in amongst them that say "I'll look good forever" long after the big ones are used for making even more Spanish motorways.

We can't believe how much the Spanish have spent on buildings and roads in the recent past, billions. Herr Merkel can't that away from them so a canny investment possibly.

A bit sad here right now, they are moving out in droves. All the old wrecks returning to the scrap yards of their respective countries. The average age in Benidorm must be doubling every day.

{ Spell checker suggests Bedridden for Benidorm !! }

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
We thouroughly enjoyed staying at Vilasol too. Tonka & ourselves were there for a month. Dogs barking at night was a problem but it did'nt over spoil it.I loved the pool always quiet. Beware of the quiznight though Brian they take no prisoners:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: we came last and was awarded a compas to find our way back home:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Amanda loved it we took trips out and its a mobility scooter paradise even in the olde part of Benidorm we were able to get Amanda around, all be it longer but we managed to see the sites.

Attachments

• 075.jpg
    075.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 48
  • 080.jpg
    080.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 49

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
hi, mi brother as an apartment over looking the big out door market place . we park on the road outside . i dont really like iy there .but there is a great comunity. we go to see him if he is there when we are about . but its very often to show others that have never been. yet i do like altea or albir . or on the coast rd to moraira theres a park on the right for kids and a big layby toilets on the left. we also stay in calpe .
if you want interesting roads take the roads as close to the sea as you can. there are some very interesting roads nearjavea with stone walls built every where .must have took years .good place for parking is up by daimus near gandia .
have fun its warm here 22 in the shade and shorts t shirt in the sun. have a look in platja de tavernes if you are going that way you might see scottish bob with his purple daf truck .he was there yesterday.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Brian..
Might be a bit late now BUT their website says 16.20 euro a night ( min 3 night stay).
Always say your going to stay longer ie 2 weeks, and leave when your ready.
Have the electric on the meter, Both Ambilkates and ours was less than 1 euro a day...

I Always used to haggle with them at reception and get at least the 30+ day rate...

Enjoy... We did and may be back there in October ..:Cool:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back