LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
I went to the National police station to make my statement (Denuncia) with an interpreter provided by the police, the guy taking the statement said my statement would be investigated and that they may need to contact me for further information and from my bank as to exactly which ATM they tried my cards in.
Yesterday I went to the local Police to the lost and found where I got my Driving Licence and cards back. No wallet, they were not forthcoming with information as to where my cards were found, however the desk in front of the officer had lots of little bundles of cards and ids like mine, perhaps they had 'recovered' a job lot together. I think I will let the police handle things from here, I will not be visiting the bar again, and by posting here and elsewhere have gone someway to advise other folk what happened.
Cheers
Ed

I think your bang on there Ed, sounds like the coppers had a 'result' to recover a haul. Your driving licence would have been worth a few bob on the black market. I lost my wallet and within an hour purchases were being made all over the world. In total £1400.00 nearly before I managed to put a stop on them. My wallet complete with all my cards was posted back to me about a week later, as there were sentimental items in it I was quite pleased. Bank reimbursed me as I explained I couldn't be on three continents at the same time but my card details could.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Yesterday I went to the local Police to the lost and found where I got my Driving Licence and cards back. No wallet, they were not forthcoming with information as to where my cards were found, however the desk in front of the officer had lots of little bundles of cards and ids like mine, perhaps they had 'recovered' a job lot together. I think I will let the police handle things from here, I will not be visiting the bar again, and by posting here and elsewhere have gone someway to advise other folk what happened.
Cheers
Ed

Yes peculiar that, no wallet ? Normally it is found minus C/cards , debit cards & money but everything else in. cards are normally tried within minutes & then scat.

& yes as Puddleduck said women are advised to carry their money tucked in their bra. It's how all the market traders & gypsy women do it.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
& yes as Puddleduck said women are advised to carry their money tucked in their bra. It's how all the market traders & gypsy women do it.

My Grandma had a money pouch inside her surgical corset (y)

When she thought something cost a lot of money she would say "I'd need to get me corset off for that!" always made me laugh.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
When having a suit made I always had a deep front pocket with button down flap in the trousers for notes, similar to a back pocket. I never carried a wallet and still dont. I know its easy to be wise after the event, but if we lived in a better world we should be able to put anything down and it still be there when we came back for it. These pickpockets are very good and are able to take what they want at will. For them its a job of work, just like any other. Pleased you got the licence back Edd, that would have been a pain to replace.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
So glad there have been no lasting ill effects. A nasty business all round.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
@tremybach, Really sorry to hear of your woes Ed, but glad that you are still about to tell the tale. (y)

There but for the grace of God etc...................and not just in Benidorm either. :(

All the best,

Jock. :)

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
The people who do this sort of thing are only looking for easy money. They don't care what happens to the victims. If someone has an underlying health problem the outcome could be serious but would anyone know that it was because drugs had been administered? More likely that it would be put down to too much drink. I just hope the people who think it is okay to do this are caught.

So glad the outcome of this attack was not worse.

maxine and jo

Free Member
Sep 16, 2014
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 1980
Don't let this incident stop you from visiting benidorm, it could have happened anywhere.
There's a great fun crowd down there :)
dont make excuses for that place we live hear and not a week goes by with out a tourist being turned over

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Happens everywhere these days.

Bobby22

Free Member
Dec 15, 2013
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Rapido 680ff
Exp
since 2013
On our last visit to Benidorm, a few years back we were approached by 3 'locals'. They began having a bit of banter with me, and one of them put his arm round my waist and wrapped his left leg around my right leg and began to hop.

I did have my wits about me but he did take the local pub flyers out of my back pocket. I heard them hit the floor and immediately new what was going on. My wife and daughter were walking beside me and didn't notice.
Needless to say i let the whole street know what was going on and they disapeared into the night.

Fortunatley my wallet was in my front left pocket and any cash in my front right........lucky escape for me...and i wasn't drinking.

My wife also lost her phone and her purse on a trip to Paris.

themogs

Free Member
Oct 23, 2012
Wales
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Not Long Enough.
Glad to hear that you and Shirley are O.K. after your misfortune.:):)
There are some right barstewards about (in more ways than one apparently):(:(
Give that place a big cross XXXX, and enjoy the rest of your hols(y)(y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back