Benicassim to Limoge - mid March? (1 Viewer)

Oct 29, 2013
Dorset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
1 year motorhomer after 21 years caravanning
Hi Have any more experienced Funsters than I got any route recommendations from Benicassim to Limoge please. We plan to stop off in Limoge en route home mid to late March and I'd ideally like a fairly direct route without risking snow in the Pyranees! Thanks in advance :)

Apr 22, 2013
Cotswolds
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 625
Exp
Since 2011
Somport tunnel would be my first choice, should be clear of snow mid March, but check the weather forecast last thing.
Go on a Sunday to avoid the HGVs on the twisty French side of the tunnel.

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Not being argumentative but having travelled over the Pyrenees later than Mid March this year I wouldn't trust the roads to be snow free. (I followed the rear end of a snow plough, without which I wouldn't have made it) for 10kms.

The Spanish side is great but as previously stated the french side, apart from the Accouse Bi Pass is a twisty, windy road at altitude.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Dont underestimate the weather in March for France..
We often used to travel back around that time from Benidorm or other parts of Spain.
Can still be cold and even snow in places.. You do need to check local weather as you travel (y)

Fingers crossed its sunny and warm.

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Why not take the motorway up the east coast and cross into France at the east end of the Pyrenees. Seems straightforward to me. I would avoid the A75 because although it's free it's also quite high. It's about 10 hours drive though so I would break the journey somewhere. I will be doing similar around that time next year but in the opposite direction.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back